odessy gold

hawgdawg

Forum Supporter
On discovery channel there's a story about that Spanish gold the odessy found that their having to give back. Its on now, just found out about it

They were swindled out of their find. Politics did that.

I saw that too. What rip off. They should have at least been compensated for their recovery expenses.

salvage

Poor guys. They should have ID'd the ship first. It was after all a military vessel. Military vessels are clearly not included in the salvage laws. Ya it had civilian cargo but that makes it a grey area...........grey is never good when you go to court.

Had they ID'd it first....they could have sold the location to the spanish government for a profit. It would have been better than getting sold out by the courts.:roll:

If it were me I would have changed my base of operations instantly and not even gone near spain while the salvage was under way. They kind of screwed themselves in that sense.

Did you read the part about the political decision to get a painting? The Wiki Leaks releases made some connection between the USA and Spain.

You mean the show of when they originally found it back in 2007, or a new show? I remember watching the original tv series about the discovery... very good show.

Back
Top Bottom