My year of machines

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Well this year went very quickly! I had a great year and was able to hunt with some great people and use some awesome machines.
I did not get nowhere near the amount of swing time that I wanted due to training for an Ironman Triathlon which took up about 90% of my free time. But the swinging I was able to do was very enjoyable especially learning new machines.
I continued using the Deus this season mixing relic hunting and coinshooting. I would have to say that I did about 75% of my coinshooting with it. The CTX was only brought out about a dozen times and it continued doing what it does best, finding silver! Did some beach hunting with the CTX3030 also and although I did not find gold I found enough to tell me that this is about as good as your going to get with a VLF machine at the beach.
Spent much of may remaining time with the Nokta Impact and have to say I am very impressed with this machine. Just the amount of programs and the ability to choose from 3 different frequencies makes this well worth the money, then when you throw in the wireless headphones and also the ability to update via USB, you cannot go wrong with this unit. Oh and also.... this machine performs! I had the opportunity to do some field hunting with the Impact using the IM40 15X14 coil, although a bit on the heavy side I grew accustomed to it quickly and managed to hit some deep 3 ringers that gave a nice clear signal and pin pointed nicely with this big coil.
I also ran a few other machines this year such as the AT Max that I really liked and think that Garrett did a fine job giving AT Pro users a little something more. I ran the Minelab GP3500 in some of that red Virginia clay a few times and although I did make any killer finds, I did manage a more than a few bullets and some buttons. I learn more about this machine every time I run it. Ran the AKA Sorex Pro and continue to be amazed at the depth that these Russian machines can reach. They have a bit of a learning curve but I am getting there with it. Also had a chance to run the AKA Sigmun MFT and was also amazed at that unit and only wish I had more time to learn it. But fellow forum member Biblot has it now and I have no doubt he is on the downhill side of mastering it as we speak.
Did also get a few hours on the AT Pro and the Teknetics T2 Classic.
Well that is my season in a nutshell. I will do a follow up post on my finds from this season. Had a great time and look forward to trying more machines and accessories this upcoming season.

I went through the normal plethora of machines in 2017 and once again ended the year with my good old reliable. Tried Makro Racer 2 and it was pretty good for the price. Tried the Impact and didn't click with it. I felt it was a good detector, but so is the F75 and I really don't care for it either. Just not my type of hunting. I did add the CTX 3030 back to my arsenal in hopes this coming spring it will bring a few keepers from the city park. But in the end I'm back to my reliable E-Trac for the deep stuff, the Deus, with the new 9.5 HF coil, which I'm lovin even better now, and my good old backup DFX.

Bring on 2018 and the Equinox.

Good stuff, I get too confused switching machines too much. lol

I too struggled with time this past year, but it was more due to changing companies, vs training for an ironman, can't imaging the commitment.

Back
Top Bottom