Nokta Impact information

So I went out with the Impact to try to get to the bottom of why my machine is unusable with the IM40 (15" x 14") coil.

It turns out it's unusable with all 3 of my coils.

Symptoms regardless of coil used:
  • Falsing
  • Chirping
  • Wildly fluctuating VDI's
  • Intermittent cutting out with two dashes on the display (Goes silent, no signal even when swept over my stainless steel shovel which is normally enough to overload)
  • Holding the coil in the air and gently wiggling it also causes the falsing and chirping.
  • Changing programs produce the same results

What I've done:
  • Factory reset
  • Tried new throwaway batteries
  • Tried fully recharged Varta batteries (Came with the pro pack)
  • Checked coils are connected properly (Pretty much impossible to connect them incorrectly)
  • Ground balance has no effect
  • Frequency shift has no effect
  • Lowering gain has no effect
  • Increasing Disc has no effect
  • Changing frequency has no effect
  • Updated the machine to the latest software, no change

I can only come to the conclusion that the machine is faulty after light use over the past 4 months. Anyone know a contact at Nokta I can get in touch with?

So I went out with the Impact to try to get to the bottom of why my machine is unusable with the IM40 (15" x 14") coil.

It turns out it's unusable with all 3 of my coils.

Symptoms regardless of coil used:
  • Falsing
  • Chirping
  • Wildly fluctuating VDI's
  • Intermittent cutting out with two dashes on the display (Goes silent, no signal even when swept over my stainless steel shovel which is normally enough to overload)
  • Holding the coil in the air and gently wiggling it also causes the falsing and chirping.
  • Changing programs produce the same results

What I've done:
  • Factory reset
  • Tried new throwaway batteries
  • Tried fully recharged Varta batteries (Came with the pro pack)
  • Checked coils are connected properly (Pretty much impossible to connect them incorrectly)
  • Ground balance has no effect
  • Frequency shift has no effect
  • Lowering gain has no effect
  • Increasing Disc has no effect
  • Changing frequency has no effect
  • Updated the machine to the latest software, no change

I can only come to the conclusion that the machine is faulty after light use over the past 4 months. Anyone know a contact at Nokta I can get in touch with?

Please send an email to [email protected] and I will further assist you.

Thank you, guys. Today's result with Nokta Impact. Fibula, 1-2 century ad.

Attachments

• IMG_2017-11-05_115056.jpg
    IMG_2017-11-05_115056.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_2017-11-05_121623.jpg
    IMG_2017-11-05_121623.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_2017-11-05_170610.jpg
    IMG_2017-11-05_170610.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_2017-11-05_115103.jpg
    IMG_2017-11-05_115103.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 671
This is a post about another detector other than the F75.

Is that because its not explained well enough in the manual or ???

I have had issues navigating the site so I just realized there was a comment to my post.

I use three detectors, the F75 being one of them. Even in the 1970's Bounty Hunter was top of the line and a head of other detectors. They did a good job with the T2 and F75. The speed and separation is outstanding with the F75. See folks making videos and its easy to tell they dont have a lot of time with the F75. Like Jeep, its a F75 thing lol.

The new detectors will have to be tuned for our different dirt here. But again testers are working on it.

I am a former union worker and believe in American made. Every thing I own I think is made in China. Well not really but my point is time will tell if this is a winner or not as far as a detector.

Here's video of a gent finding a $5 gold coin in Ca with Impact.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QemQsSDVh5w

I have no plans on ever selling my Impact... I run DI99 and DI4 with the 4 tone setup I described in earlier posts and it is superb! Been using same tone setup in VLX4 because the ID numbers are just about identical to the ATmax across the board. I have a Nox 800 on the way but I dont think it will ever replace these machines. I hunted today with 2 guys with Equinox machines. One a 600 and the other an 800. Both guys had them out for over 4 hunts each. I hit a signal that I knew exactly what it was because I found hundreds of them, under, on top and next to iron. Both guys called junk target...Another rev war button for me! I know how to sniff with the Impact and using it right, better than Etrac, Max and any other machine I've used. Just my IMHO....

As a sideline...I am going to do an owners comparison between my Impact and my Max during the summer. The NOX will be thrown in as well.

Sounds good.
Need to try that small coil for Nox and compare to little football coil on impact.

Should prove interesting.

Back
Top Bottom