Mason Jar Info?

Ok, I have to ask. WHY bury urine in jars???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
The ground keeps it at a pretty consistent temperature at that depth. Urine will last forever if kept in a cool temperature range. Why use electricity when you can just bury it in the yard ?

The ground keeps it at a pretty consistent temperature at that depth. Urine will last forever if kept in a cool temperature range. Why use electricity when you can just bury it in the yard ?

Ok, I suppose I need to specify. For what purpose does keeping urine cool serve? Other than preserving for a culture specimen to check for a UTI or saving clean urine for someone who smokes weed or does drugs, what's the purpose of even keeping urine around?

may be a bottle of ski wine.

poor mans wine in Kentucky anyway. Bottle of ski soda and a few weeks gets ya cheap drink.

Ok, I suppose I need to specify. For what purpose does keeping urine cool serve? Other than preserving for a culture specimen to check for a UTI or saving clean urine for someone who smokes weed or does drugs, what's the purpose of even keeping urine around?

It is used for trapping. I use it primarily for scent post sets. Have you ever notice a dog that has got to pee on a spot where another dog peed ? Same thing in the wild, only there is a trap set where he will stand to mark the same spot. I'm did not trap, nor am I going to for a while unless global fur prices rebound dramatically. Good urine brings $45-$50 a gallon.It's only going to get more expensive. The original post jar depth is uncanny, has trapper stash written all over it. If not for roots growing through the lid, allowing a transfer of water in......

Last edited:
Nah you didn't ruin anything all comments are always welcome.

I pulled a jar out of the barn to send you but now I see it might have a crack in the bottom. l will take another look to see if I can a better jar. I can't promise I'll find a good one though.
DSC02698.JPG

DSC02699.JPG

Probably not relevant to this find, but I have heard of cases where methamphetamine or opiate users collect their urine in hopes of extracting what is left in the future. Many drugs are not fully metabolized, so a significant amount is excreted in the urine, I believe up to 50% in the case of meth.

Probably not relevant to this find, but I have heard of cases where methamphetamine or opiate users collect their urine in hopes of extracting what is left in the future. Many drugs are not fully metabolized, so a significant amount is excreted in the urine, I believe up to 50% in the case of meth.
Well that's disturbing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom