Diablo Sand Scoop

i here ya Frank, i am sorry to , that he never got his scoops in the market, i myself would have bought one, my apology, as to i, and everyone else on here , it's a big disappointment, even Joe should realize this by now, which I am sure he has done, I guess if member's on here see this thread, it will never rest in peace, and if someone respond's , here we go again, hope the mods' finally put this 6 foot under , or more :lol: :digginahole::digginahole::digginahole::bowdown: Later bro., Earl

Just for you Earl...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=105318

On the bright side I think some very well made scoops and even great handles made it to the market place.

Weary of waiting, I'm going to make a similar one based on the idea and shape.
A welded version.
:thinking:

How big are the holes be? Various sizes on the bottom and sides.. Worth it? Round or hexagonal holes? 6mm on bottom and 12mm holes on sides.
addon.php

Last edited:
A welded version.

How big are the holes be? Various sizes on the bottom and sides.. Worth it? Round or hexagonal holes? 6mm on bottom and 12mm holes on sides.

I like having smaller holes on the bottom. They're good to help with the studs. Good luck on the project.

A welded version.

addon.php

If you are using a punch/press to prep the material, may as well stack a few sheets on top on one another and do a bulk run. Then you can sell the extra few scoops to re-coupe your money. keep us posted.

Diablo was a work in progress, as we seen need for changes we would tell Greg. The one on the right is a early, then the one on the left was an adjusted. His holes were first lasercut then he went to water jetting to cut the holes, less stress on the metal and much cleaner cuts and less likely to fracture.

Attachments

• OBN0384.jpg
    OBN0384.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 191
Thank you for advice guys!

THe waterjet cutting, good idea, no heat when cutting. It's important. Thank you Joe!

Cutting SS sheet with water, bending and welding. This is the plan.

First convert the 3d model to 2d sheet. I drawed lot ot version.... now got a one good type.

Made different perforation.

I made pvc sheet test. It's huge! The diameter is 7,5".

Diablo was a work in progress, as we seen need for changes we would tell Greg. The one on the right is a early, then the one on the left was an adjusted. His holes were first lasercut then he went to water jetting to cut the holes, less stress on the metal and much cleaner cuts and less likely to fracture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom