At Pro First Impressions and Questions

I went from a Teknetics delta 4000 (was on it for about 6-7 months with about 4 billion hours) to an ATP. I was able to pick it up almost instantly.

I've went over a few of my previous hunted spots I detected with the delta, and was able to instantly find additional deeper finds, including silver.

I only use it in pro zero, and by the time spring comes I should have the 5X8.

oh, dont forget to ground balance and adjust sensitivity if your detector is making noises for no reason!

One of the things that helped me initially in the really trashy areas was switching to the 5x8 coil and going over the area with that coil first, digging all the high and mid tones. Then I switched to the stock coil to get to the deeper stuff. It took some time and I was also overwhelmed at first.
Reducing sensitivity so that you are hitting just the top layers first will help also, but I did it with the 5x8 first, then increased sensitivity and reduced disc with that coil, then switched to the stock coil. I was able to really clean out a local farmyard and pull some deep indian heads and interesting tokens. By then I understood the machine better and was getting more confident.
Just give it time and you will learn to love this machine. As others have said, it is quite sensitive and is giving you a lot of audio information, so you have to practice and learn to interpret this info.

Back
Top Bottom