Coiltech ?

SandHunter

Question for you WOT users. I picked up 2 WOT coils and both have the same issue with the coil covers. Each one has it's own cover and they're not interchangeable. They fit very snug around the circle, but in the middle they have a 1/4" bow. I can literally push the cover in 1/4" before it touches the coil.
When I get home and clean them they're loaded up with sand, which adds to their weight. They're heavy enough as it is without the wet sand added. Wondering if this is normal or should I take it up with the seller. http://metaldetectingforum.com/images/smilies/puzzled.gif

Thanks,
SH

Don't have an answer to your question, but...

Bottom/sides of pretty much every coil I own is covered with this stuff, works great, dries rock hard. Never have to worry about a coil cover again. :D

PS. Sell me one cheap!.. :laughing:

Attachments

• epxy_mrn_s.jpg
    epxy_mrn_s.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 139
Use zip ties to snug it up. Take cover off an rinse every time. If they are new, the warranty will probably be voided by coating with expoxy. Its up to you, some do truck bed liner. I just stick with coil cover.

How do they run, noisy? Just curious, because to get any depth from mine I gotta run it hot. Deep signals and false signals sound almost the same. If I tune it so its quiet...it just does not hit those deep targets.

Another thing I do...I keep a 2 gal chem applicator in trunk...full of fresh water. I rinse everything off with it and it lasts a few trips with out refill. Its not really important to do that with fresh water, but I like to rinse any salt water off before it dries.

Zip ties are a good idea, I'll try them. When I'm running in discrimination mode, I'm anywhere between 11:00 - 2:00 with the sensitivity setting. It goes very deep regardless, even in auto. I set the sensitivity as high as I can without getting false signals. The higher I go with the sensitivity, I"ll slow down my swing accordingly to avoid falsing. Not too much though. I'm a beach hunter and want to cover a lot of ground. When you say your running it hot, where is the sensitivity set? If you detector is falsing you're either swinging too fast or you need to turn down the sensitivity. The best part of the Sov GT's for me is not having to dig junk. I couldn't deal with that. I might as well be using my PI. Ninety percent of the time I'm on the wet sand, or in the water, running in all metal pinpoint. I crank the sensitivity to 9:00, just barely out of auto. That's when the Sov is at it's best as far as depth. If I get a faint signal, I'll click back to discrimination to make sure we're good before I dig. I'f I'm going to be digging a 2' whole, I want to make sure it's not junk.

I usually have it close to 12...but a bit lower. Today I backed it off a bit. It runs a little bit quieter. I did this mainly because I was hunting high tide and anything should shoot through my headphones anyway.

For a while...I was hitting deep faint signals with it runnin hot too. Lately my luck and timing have been off. Chased a few ghosts today...heh.

Hope zip ties work.

hh an gl -Joe

Back
Top Bottom