How to find gold with the E-trac???

gatorhastings

Been out hunting and im new to detecting and new to the E-trac as well. So my question is what numbers do yall normally find gold. I just fell like im missing a step LOL. :dash3:

Been out hunting and im new to detecting and new to the E-trac as well. So my question is what numbers do yall normally find gold. I just fell like im missing a step LOL. :dash3:

All over the low numbers. I've tested a few 10k and 14k rings that came in real low around 12-03. A club member found a gold class ring that rang under my coil as 12-20. I found a 14k gold watch fob yesterday that rang up 11-13.

The numbers will range from around nickels to the silver area depending on the item and how much gold it really is made of. I think a gold coin I tested came up as 12/73. The thing you will want to watch for on jewelry (silver and gold) is for the VDI to really lock on pretty tight. You should see the FE hang right around 12 and CO will vary but again neither reading will generally not fluctuate more than a couple of numbers.

ya know those number in the 12-05 thru 12-30's range that ya normally skip.........well start diggin them :lol:

E-Tracs find gold rings just fine. It's the very hard stuff like chains and small earrings that give it, and MOST detectors a hard time.

Depending on the size, mass, and alloy a gold ring can come in anywhere from CO 01 up to CO 36. If you want to find the gold you HAVE to dig the trash.

Gotta dig all signals from foil to zinc penny to dig gold. :(

Yep!
You want chains...silver or gold?
Better dig some iron, too!

In the last 2 years my gold finds...

Attachments

• CURRENT ALL GOLD 4-25-12.jpg
    CURRENT ALL GOLD 4-25-12.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 209
Back
Top Bottom