• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ace250 battery question

Steveouke

I have always ran my batteries almost down to almost nothing. Today while hunting with 1 bar of battery left I noticed my detector really going crazy and not being able to single out good or bad tones. I'm running the DD coil to help target separation. It was almost like the detector was registering everything multiple times. I changed the batteries and instantly it got better. I was hunting a corner lot home from1891 and I had originally thought it was just a very trash area. Have others had these issues? When do you change your batteries?

I have always ran my batteries almost down to almost nothing. Today while hunting with 1 bar of battery left I noticed my detector really going crazy and not being able to single out good or bad tones. I'm running the DD coil to help target separation. It was almost like the detector was registering everything multiple times. I changed the batteries and instantly it got better. I was hunting a corner lot home from1891 and I had originally thought it was just a very trash area. Have others had these issues? When do you change your batteries?

Try not to put more than 15-20 hours on your alkaline batts. The lower power WILL affect your machine, with less power to both the transmitting and receiving coil loops..

Yeah, that happens every time I run the batteries down to 1 bar. Signals pop up everywhere.

I use NIMH rechargable batteries and have two sets of them.
They are not that expensive and will save you a lot of money in the long run.
I change them out when battery level gets to 1/2.
A set usually lasts a few hours.
I also have 12V a car charger for them for all day hunts.
My thinking is that way I know my MD is getting the most juice to go deeper and should work to it's optimum capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom