More copper I found in an old candy tin

IMShooter

Elite Member
Wife's grandmother has about 4million buttons and when we were up at the farm cleaning out the attic, my daughter and I found quite a few boxes and tins of nothing but buttons...

I opened one last night and found a baggie with these hunks of copper..... the one that looks like the sole of a shoe is solid and heavy. tin of buttons and some copper hunks. large piece looks dull in this pic. It's actually copper colored. Not dirty rock colored.

few pics:

Attachments

• photo(9).JPG
    photo(9).JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 656
  • photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 667
Those are copper nuggets someone collected from the ground like gold nuggets or gemstones! Especially given your location.

Wow!

we find it all over the place. on the ground in the woods, inlaws backyard, our fishing holes...

I MD semi-near the house and find quite a bit. Last time we were fishing and I stopped to let wife use my pole because she janked hers up with a afro of line coming out of her reel.

(think I posted this before) Father in law suggested the little run off trickle 20ft from us. I only really needed the MD to get the stuff hidden inside of rock hunks...the rest was purely visible with the eye. It was quite a bit of weight.
we got back to their house and we each grabbed a brick hammer and started tapping.... One of the coolest things I've seen when finding copper pieces.
rock splits and you see all of these shoots of still shiny copper inside of a rock.

Back
Top Bottom