Greetings from Silver Beach...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Look out the window and there's a foot of snow from yesterday...now I gotta head far south where the snow ends so I can hunt...a whole 3 blocks to Silver Beach:laughing: First time with the FBS 1050 coil on the beach and I was able to run it at 30 manual and keep a decent threshold whereas the Pro coil doesn't like anything higher than 24 in manual on this same beach...I was recovering deeper targets from the iron infested slope than on the last beach outing Everything for the couple hours I was out...17 cents in clad and the nickel is a 1940...old lead soldier, pulltabs in lieu of gold:lol: a useable X-acto blade holder, some other beach scrap, 7 wheats, a piece of sterling and the 2 silvers silvers #6 and #7... both are Rosies.. half a sterling spoon and the soldier... sterling #3...The Explorer didn't like the Pro coil as much, and on this beach at least...I feel the Ex II/FBS 1050 coil combo is better in the iron, faster to recover and a bit deeper reaching than even the 4 different Sovereigns I've hunted with, and I was running BBS and Tornado 1000 coils and even the 10 X 12 SEF on 'em...If the snow doesn't melt soon the next outing will also be from a beach somewhere...so until then, thanks for the looks and Happy Hunting to all!

Last edited:
Great hunting capt! Looking to hit some saltwater beaches Monday or Tuesday, pretty pumped gunna run the explorer XS. Looking forward to it. Happy hunting!

Conditions look tough up their :shock:, congrats on the silver, wonder what it is, clean them up picks coming wright :?:
Earl, it's 2 Rosies and a silver spoon for the melt pile:lol: But just for you...the one with the rust stuck to it is 1949, the other is too beat to make out Here's the spoon, has rust stuck to it as well, and partially burned, most likely from being used to melt lead to make spoon weights for fishing

Last edited:
Man those won't win any beauty contests but they're still silver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still pounding that spot huh? ;) At least its still giving up some good stuff...

I plowed 17 hours.. did very will in the green dept... plowed duchess 6 times.. plus found a crucifix after the last plowing...

this morning it started to sleet but has changed to moderate snow... I'm hoping to at least do my commercials today... making any money doing yours?

I put a little butter on my plate from that last snow Craig...this one will be a wet mess, it's already sleeting here. It's the same beach but the targets are real deep now.

wonder if all this wind today will churn things up a bit.

Stupid fedex didn't show up til after 5pm with my new shaft. I literally sat on the couch all day looking out the window waiting. Car was packed and ready to go too. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom