• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Up A Creek With Stan & My Equinox 600

Fivepin

Elite Member
Lets water test the new Equinox. Stan and I will get wet for the channel. And no, thank your lucky stars we are not jello wrestling in a hot tub. We'll find a couple old bottles then I'll move off to the mother of all parks for silver (don't hold your breath). I did and it almost killed me. Not due to lack of air...but disappointment. Thanks for watching everybody. Remember, we're all special.
https://youtu.be/dCfDwLSWBlc

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 247
Another really fun video. Thanks for going to the trouble of making it!!! I loved the accidental Equinox dunk test. I have been reluctant to try that yet. You can also try Park 1 for freshwater. It is recommended by Minelab in the manual.

Modern Canadian clad is mostly steel with who knows what else thrown in. Minelab set the default settings for the Park and Field modes to reject +1 and +2 for the European market since that is where coke hits on the VDI range. So you will need to manually accept 0, +1 and +2 in order to find some of your smaller Canadian clad coins. Modern clad numbers seem to be from -2 up to 14. There is a difference between your modern clad and the nickel alloyed clad from before the late 1990s? (I could have that date range wrong). The Nox will definitely detect your coins but you should test as many of them as you can before you go out looking for them next time to memorize the numbers and audio responses. Some will be really jumpy and the larger coins and nickel alloyed coins will probably have tighter and higher low to mid teens numbers. So, dig those pull tab signals and small aluminum foil signals (0 to +15) and your chances of digging Canadian clad and small gold jewelry will increase a lot too!

Every time you dig an older copper US or Canadian penny you could just as easily be digging a silver coin since the VDI numbers should be in the same range for smaller silver coins.

Good luck,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom