Watch Fob?

Volksman

I found this on a lot where a house used to be. It was made by Bastian Bros. and Co., Rochester, N.Y.
“Since 1895, Bastian Company has been recognized internationally for its quality, craftsmanship, and integrity in the production of emblematic jewelry, lapel pins, medallions, belt buckles, paperweights, key tags, convention badges, police-security-firemen badges and insignia, and automotive decorative emblems.”
I’m not sure what the big round part at the bottom is for and I wonder if it was made when cars like that were running around.:?:
3EAA2D5B-D29D-4374-8330-4A4BBB2E3673.jpg

ABB46244-5298-42A0-B84C-459B915B58B3.jpg

I wonder if there was A compass or something in the middle? Definitely appears to be a fob, or keychain. Pretty neat, I couldnt find a match after a brief Google search. Congrats!

How big is it? They also made ashtrays and change dishes but since you think it might be a watch fob then maybe it’s too small for that.

I wonder if there was A compass or something in the middle? Definitely appears to be a fob, or keychain. Pretty neat, I couldnt find a match after a brief Google search. Congrats!

I think you’re right about something having been in the middle. The finish is pretty good everywhere except that center area where something possibly rubbed the finish off.

Thanks for the size comparison. I guess it’s not an ashtray or dish. Since the company is still in business maybe you can contact them and ask what it is.

I would say it's definitely from the age of the car pictured. I found a fob for a carriage company shaped like their carriage. Wristwatches started becoming popular in the WWI era.

Back
Top Bottom