Been almost 3 years...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
...since I've dug a big silver coin:shock: Sad but true, October 2015 was the last one...so I thought I had finally killed that dragon at Dirtchurch early this morning while hunting around the base of this old tree with the XS... when my ears got blasted by a screamer of a shallow silver signal only a couple inches deep, a target likely pushed up by the big root it was sitting on...popped this out with the tip of the Lesche and...nope, no big silver still:lol: actually, it's a better find, not a can top or big aluminum token... but big vintage sterling and my best dig out of everything today another CT plate tag for the collection, $ 3.20 in clad, 4 wheats and the sterling... marked A & Z Sterling, long gone but founded in Providence, RI in 1905...this is only the 2nd piece of sterling this season but a very cool one, a bit larger than a silver half the only tree around that hadn't had fill dirt added around the base...amazing how some good things right out in the open sometimes get overlooked for years and years, isn't it:D That's all for this outing so thanks for the looks as always, see you after the next and Happy Hunting!

That is a neat and a big piece of Sterling. Also very neat to see a big old tree in a natural state. Around here in the parks or schools most of the root bases are covered withe top soil and seeded for easier mowing. Congrats Bruce on a real fine Dirtchurch outing and I hope that the big Silver drought ends very soon for you. Trapper

Wow! Amazing chunk o sterling. Congrats Captain!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations on that huge chunk of ster!
Now you just have to find somebody with the initials MNM:lol::laughing:

2015 ??!!

2015!!!??? Wow!!

What do you mean by large anyway? Halves?? or the BIG ones?? :roll:

I've been at it since 13 and no BIG one for me yet.....
I'd like to think this is my year , but I barely make it out once a week with my current work schedule.

Well, congrats on the sterling and sorry about the heart attack.;)

Keep on digging......it'll pop up for ya soon........

Nice

That's a nice one. I love hitting the old tree roots and wash outs. Do you still hunt the wood's a lot?

Back
Top Bottom