This is my GREATEST find!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was that? A few of the pics make it look like late 80s early 90s? A fantastic video by the way :waytogo:

Nevermind, posted before video was over, saw the late 80s dates :yes:

Last edited:
Wow that was some video.It's great to find CW relics but to find the remains of the actual people that lost them while fighting for their lives put's a real personal note to them. Seeing their remains in the ground brought me right back to today. My sisters step son Frank was killed in Afghanistan a few weeks ago and he is going to be buried in Arlington. When I watch the video and see them as they were buried I sort of have the same feeling in the pit of my stomach for them as I do for Frank. It's sort of funny how you started out searching for some relics from the Civil War and now you are actually a small part of it. Thank you, Tom

Thanks for the kind words Hotrod Tom! You have my condolences for your loss, and your families sacrifice. I too have a step-son who is a Combat Flight Medic, and he is to be deployed to Afghanistan a year from this coming August.

Sometimes in the pursuit of the artifacts left behind my the soldiers of the Blue and the Grey, we tend to forget that they were living breathing men. After my finding of those soldiers, I have a true respect for them, and any artifact that I have the honor to find.

Thank you again, and it never occured to me that as you wrote; "It's sort of funny how you started out searching for some relics from the Civil War and now you are actually a small part of it"
I guess you are right on that though it never occured to me. Now I have new goosebumps!
Thank you again!
Robert Bohrn

.................................................................. ha mine was longer :lol::lol:

Rats...........................................................................................................................................

It is definitely hard to find the right words about this incredible story, the find, and the historical significance of the soldiers of the 55th. It is overwhelming. Thank you for sharing it with us, this has to be one of the most unique and historic finds I've ever seen. I'm taken back by it big time. Steve

Thanks!!

Thank you all for the GREAT replies!

But, I am at a loss for understanding the "..................................." replies.
REB:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom