February CRH Report - I found a 1909 V.D.B. Wheatie!

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
Here are all my hunts from February. :D I had a great time searching through 2 boxes of pennies, $96 in nickels, & $215 in dimes, and I found some really cool coins. :yes: In box #2 of pennies, I found a 1909 wheat cent with V.D.B. initials, and it is very sharp in detail. You can clearly see the wheat lines on the reverse and all the wording is also very clear! It's not only my oldest CRH find but also rarest! Below are my results: :D

Penny Box #1: 1929, :clap: 1944 KGVI, 1945-D, 1946, 1951-D, 1955-D, 1957-D, & 1987 Bahamas One Cent.

Penny Box #2: 1909 with V.D.B., :woot: 1951-D, 1951-S, 1952, 1955-D, 1957-D, 1958-D x2, & my first counterstamped coin.

$96 in Nickels: No keepers. :(

$215 in Dimes: No silver. :(

Totals: 14 Wheaties, 1 KGVI cent, counterstamped cent, & a Bahamas One Cent.

Thanks for looking, happy hunting, & God Bless. :D

February - 1909 V.D.B. Obverse.jpg

February - 1909 V.D.B. Reverse.jpg

February - 1909 & 1929.jpg

February - Counterstamp & Bahama 1¢.jpg

February - Wheaties.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Awesome VDB 1909! I love that you and your sister love those wheats. At the end if the year, I'll send you two my wheats for the year again. I'm up to 70. Hope to get a couple hundred for you.

Wow. Awesome VDB 1909! I love that you and your sister love those wheats. At the end if the year, I'll send you two my wheats for the year again. I'm up to 70. Hope to get a couple hundred for you.
Thanks, Stiffwrists! :D That's very kind of you! :D We'll be looking forward to them. :yes:

Thats just Insanely Awesome Wolfdog!! Good on ya!:wow2:
Thanks, Mud! :D I'm really excited about the '09. :woot:

I probably would have just stared at that cent until I was able to see an s below the date. Nice find.

Royal Congrats on that vdb! It looks to be in fine to very fine condition! KT is happy for you, Wolf-Dog!:D
Thanks, KT! :D I was amazed at how much detail is on it! I saw the reverse first and I thought for sure it would be from the 30's to 40's! :shock: :shock:

Thats a great bunch of coins there. Congrats on the '09 vdb
Thanks, Levi! :D I was truly blessed to find it. :yes:

I probably would have just stared at that cent until I was able to see an s below the date. Nice find.
Thanks, bowwinkles! :D I know what you mean. I checked it, then double checked, and triple checked, and quadruple checked, but still no S. :lol: Still a really cool find, and worth around $16-$20 in this condition. :D

Congrats on some great finds and especially the 1909 vdb! Keep up the good work.

Thanks, jkbemdavis! :D I've already found 2 silver coins CRHing this month, so at the beginning of next month I will be posting my results from March. :cool3:

Last edited:
:woot: That 1909 V.D.B is such a cool find! I'm so happy for you. :clapping: Congrats on the other wheat cents & the foreign coin, too!

:wow2: Thank you so much! Garrett and I love the ones you sent us last year; we were admiring them again just the other day. This is so kind of you! :D The Lord really blessed us in giving such great friends here on FMDF. Thanks for being one of them!

:woot: That 1909 V.D.B. is such a cool find! I'm so happy for you. :clapping: Congrats on the other wheat cents & the foreign coin, too!
Thanks, Princess! :D I really do like the '09 V.D.B. :cool3: I was so surprised when I saw the year. :yes: The Bahamas coin I think is also neat, and of course I always welcome wheaties. :D

Last edited:
Thanks, jkbemdavis! :D I've already found 2 silver coins CRHing this month, so at the beginning of next month I will be posting my results from March. :cool3:

That’s fantastic! I try to live vicariously through all of you when I have my dry weeks of CRH. It’s great to hear that you’ve done well.

That’s fantastic! I try to live vicariously through all of you when I have my dry weeks of CRH. It’s great to hear that you’ve done well.

I know what you mean. :yes: It's a nice reassurance that silver is still out there when seeing others find some. :lol:

My main credit union doesn't carry halves and charges a fee to order them, so today I stopped at a secondary bank and asked for their customer wrapped halves. At first, she didn't think they had any but said they had bank wrapped rolls. When she came back, she said she found one customer wrapped roll. I opened it up on the way home and saw 2 40%ers. :woot: (Nothing in the bank wrapped rolls.) My March results are looking really good so far, so around the first week of April I'll be posting them, hopefully I'll have added more by then. :cool3:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom