Show us your Totlot treasure!

ugadigger

Elite Member
I have learned to love the chips even more this year. Never underestimate the potential for impressive finds. It’s easy pickings and likely the kiddos raided daddy’s sock drawer for show n tell!
a0bea155951df2bfe5279191268dec88.jpg
31.7g 14k Bracelet
9b5663702b7860250e8e3d8e32007505.jpg
9e99147ed6f9584dc8addd2b5e3da179.jpg

6d285341929048b554e15a1e99347205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
While I don't have any pictures, a few years ago I found over two dozen wheat cents in a tot lot that wasn't made until long after they were produced. They were all in good condition. Some kid had gotten into his father's coin collection.

Only found 4 gold in tot-lots, all this year interestingly enough. All sold too to buy the Equinox :)

Attachments

• 0F5A98C0-D50D-4AC3-BA9B-02C844751E3D.jpg
    0F5A98C0-D50D-4AC3-BA9B-02C844751E3D.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 518
Only found 4 gold in tot-lots, all this year interestingly enough. All sold too to buy the Equinox :)

Hey that’s like finding a Nox!

While I don't have any pictures, a few years ago I found over two dozen wheat cents in a tot lot that wasn't made until long after they were produced. They were all in good condition. Some kid had gotten into his father's coin collection.

That’s cool

Concerning my finds, they were all middle class elementary public schools.

Yup, same here. I think having two beef packing houses helps in my case. The immigrants wear a lot of the shiny stuff even at a young age.

I must confess and say it's not a tot lot but a sanded exercise pit that's part of a vita course at a local park. So technically, it's close enough to a tot lot. It was over 10 years ago and I had been only detecting for 2 years when I joined the Gold Coin Club - an 1876 Otto-Turkish Empire 100 kurus gold coin! One of my sweetest and most unexpected finds still to this day.

Attachments

• 4-12-08  1876 Ottoman-Turkiish Empire 100 Kurus Gold Coin (1).JPG
    4-12-08 1876 Ottoman-Turkiish Empire 100 Kurus Gold Coin (1).JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 4-12-08  1876 Ottoman-Turkiish Empire 100 Kurus Gold Coin.JPG
    4-12-08 1876 Ottoman-Turkiish Empire 100 Kurus Gold Coin.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 390
I must confess and say it's not a tot lot but a sanded exercise pit that's part of a vita course at a local park. So technically, it's close enough to a tot lot. It was over 10 years ago and I had been only detecting for 2 years when I joined the Gold Coin Club - an 1876 Otto-Turkish Empire 100 kurus gold coin! One of my sweetest and most unexpected finds still to this day.

Wow that’s a beauty!!

Come on guys I know you have more pics!

I got a couple, only one picture I can find ATM, I don't spend nearly enough time at them as I should... Great thread idea! Good luck in 2019!

Attachments

• user37688_pic72163_1472386888.jpg
    user37688_pic72163_1472386888.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 290
Well heres my biggest totlot score...A few years back before the days of the "Big Clad Dryup" I had a really nice productive fleet of totters laid out in several quadrants. They produced Gold, Silver, Old G'Pas stolen coins, empty cans, candy, clad, lunchboxes and jackets etc....A guy could run a circuitous route and pull at least $10 clad before 10 am kicking chips in park and schoolyard...So along with the bycatch, it paid a fairly decent ROI...I kept these milk routes strictly maintained and fiercely managed...

Well, Sir, one Weekend morning in the predawn I pulled into my first stop of my Northern Run. It was a blighted Urban park in a bad part of town with a totter....as I navigated Rosie into the parking lot, broken glass bottles, McDonalds refuse, evidentiary signs of a big soiree the previous night...or a garbage truck exploded..portended positive possibilities.

It was then, from my car, as I dodged the glass caltrops, in the headlights I could see a wad of bills! I pulled up along side and opened the door and snatched them up, and just proceeded to roll right on out of there! There was a $20 on the outside, so I figured, "Cool! I got that and a stack of $1's at least!".....

I didnt check the totality of my Windfall until I arrived safely out of the area at my next stop...Sweet Shards of Narsil! :laughing:

Attachments

• may 23-15-1.jpg
    may 23-15-1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 258
Well heres my biggest totlot score...A few years back before the days of the "Big Clad Dryup" I had a really nice productive fleet of totters laid out in several quadrants. They produced Gold, Silver, Old G'Pas stolen coins, empty cans, candy, clad, lunchboxes and jackets etc....A guy could run a circuitous route and pull at least $10 clad before 10 am kicking chips in park and schoolyard...So along with the bycatch, it paid a fairly decent ROI...I kept these milk routes strictly maintained and fiercely managed...

Well, Sir, one Weekend morning in the predawn I pulled into my first stop of my Northern Run. It was a blighted Urban park in a bad part of town with a totter....as I navigated Rosie into the parking lot, broken glass bottles, McDonalds refuse, evidentiary signs of a big soiree the previous night...or a garbage truck exploded...

It was then, from my car, as I dodged the glass caltrops, in the headlights I could see a wad of bills! I pulled up along side and opened the door and snatched them up, and just proceeded to roll right on out of there! There was a $20 on the outside, so I figured, "Cool! I got that and a stack of $1's at least!".....

I didnt check the totality of my Windfall until I arrived safely out of the area at my next stop...Sweet Shards of Narsil! :laughing:

Great story Mud! I remember that one!!

Back
Top Bottom