it came from under the bed

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
There it was under the bed. It was not a lone. Beside it was a pair of Freedom 3 Pluses as well as a Freedom 2. The digaholic removed it from its tomb gently blowing away the dust that had accumulated since the last usage.

Three new copper tops were inserted immediately causing the Freedom 3 to emit three clear crisp bell tones..............into another tomb it went. Nogo purred down the road.

The signs he had seen posted on a previous outing with Navy Davy had warned the digaholic of the consequences of a jaunt in the woods.
wsjwus.jpg

Images of those nasty little blood sucks flashed through his grey matter quicker than his wife could remove a sawbuck from his wallet.

Not chancing a chance encounter that potentially could carry the dreaded Lyme disease the Digaholic opted for a safer venue hitting a local school yard.

The Freedom 3 chatted when it was turned on and the swing began. Wind kept the flies at bay. The digaholic was in utopia. Quota plus 2 @ just over $9.70 was added along with a long lost and forgotten key. Hour twenty had passed. The Digaholic was full of joy at attaining another quota added to the "Whatever Fund" whereas the Freedom 3 seemed to give a slight sigh as it was turned off, returned to the trunk and eventually back to it's tomb!
2le76tu.jpg

Between ticks, poison ivy and thorn bushes, detecting in the woods can be brutal this time of year. I treat my detecting clothes with permethrin to try to avoid ticks, but Lyme disease is a big problem in my area and I don't want any part of it - I know multiple people who have had it, and it's no joke.

I'm sorry to say that it's gotten to the point where I just stop hunting in the woods once warm weather starts - I'll go back again in early October when all the nasty stuff dies off. Better safe than sorry.

Between ticks, poison ivy and thorn bushes, detecting in the woods can be brutal this time of year. I treat my detecting clothes with permethrin to try to avoid ticks, but Lyme disease is a big problem in my area and I don't want any part of it - I know multiple people who have had it, and it's no joke.

I'm sorry to say that it's gotten to the point where I just stop hunting in the woods once warm weather starts - I'll go back again in early October when all the nasty stuff dies off. Better safe than sorry.

I'm also in Bucks county and lots of ticks this year.
Hunting old farm sites that are now woods are my favorite so I will keep going.

Back
Top Bottom