*UPDATE* The day that put all my other MEGA clad days to shame!

lafayettelauren

I was out this morning looking for a new spot to scavenge some more loot with the nox. I was driving by a high school and saw someone left the gates open to the football field. I was like BINGO baby and I was off. I had never seen this one left open and no one was around. I get going and you literally couldn't make one swing without hitting at least one coin. That's when I knew I should focus on quarters. I'm about an hour in and killing it and the football coach rolls up on a gator and asks what I'm doing. I tell him and show him how neat and tidy my plugs are. He says have fun but stay off the actual field. I wanted to continue on forever but I physically couldn't take any more. It was probably close to 250 targets if you count the trash. I found a 1968 canadian quarter which is 50% silver. That makes silver three days in a row for me. I've found a merc on the last two days. I also found a junker ring, a suspender clip, a 1926 gold plated athletic medal, a dollar coin, and a show biz pizza token earlier this week. Not sure if I can ever top this clad wise, but then again I've said that before. Clad total was $42.79 for today alone!

*UPDATE*
Guess who found the gate left open again this morning? I was hitting it hard and fast before sun up today. Started in on quarters only right away. I ended up with another $46.78! That's a total of $89.57 for the two days. My legs are now jello and I'm still in shock. The last two pics are today's loot.

Attachments

• image2 (2).jpg
    image2 (2).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 625
  • image1 (5).jpg
    image1 (5).jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 569
  • image1 (1).jpg
    image1 (1).jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 373
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Congrats on a super hunt. I had the same kind of results last year. Tons of targets and oodles of quarters in a football stadium. I also did not go on the playing field. I had to hunt this site numerous times to get most of the coins, all clads except a few wheaties. I will hit this again after football season in late Nov.
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

I was out this morning looking for a new spot to scavenge some more loot with the nox. I was driving by a high school and saw someone left the gates open to the football field. I was like BINGO baby and I was off. I had never seen this one left open and no one was around. I get going and you literally couldn't make one swing without hitting at least one coin. That's when I knew I should focus on quarters. I'm about an hour in and killing it and the football coach rolls up on a gator and asks what I'm doing. I tell him and show him how neat and tidy my plugs are. He says have fun but stay off the actual field. I wanted to continue on forever but I physically couldn't take any more. It was probably close to 250 targets if you count the trash. I found a 1968 canadian quarter which is 50% silver. That makes silver three days in a row for me. I've found a merc on the last two days. I also found a junker ring, a suspender clip, a 1926 gold plated athletic medal, a dollar coin, and a show biz pizza token earlier this week. Not sure if I can ever top this clad wise, but then again I've said that before. Clad total was $42.79 for today alone!

oh man. I'd have been hitting quarters and ring signals HArD. With that much change, there's bound to be some gold there. One gold ring is worth all the change int he field!

Hope you can get back.

You’ll be checking if that gate is open again pretty soon then!

WOW!! Amazing amount of clad!! $42 + is just crazy! You must have been tired after that hunt! Time to head back to finish the clean up! LOL!

Bravo to you!!

atpro dude

Whoa, I am just amazed and inspired!

BTW, my son attends high school, and he says the quad is littered with quarters because no one bothers to pick them up. I was stunned. Seriously? Anyways, I'd like to get a shot at the quad … and if this is a behavioral trend among high school students - which your score seems to validate - then boy oh boy, check those school fields and quads and grassy areas by the parking lots!

Back
Top Bottom