A New Product Announcement From Garrett....."PRO-POINTER II"

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Attachments

• DSC_0427 smaller.jpg
    DSC_0427 smaller.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 630
lol...same thing as pro pointer AT but black and the speaker hole looks different size, i wonder if its just lacking the O-ring...for waterproof-ness!..i just cant believe they made different ones...waterproof and not...seems kinda stupid really

I just bought the PP AT. This will have to be priced cheaper than the AT PP, otherwise, why buy it? This will be interesting.:yes:

Wow...I guess this is their way of saying that the original had falsing problems and throw in some added features, I'd like to see the internal coil wires.

$110 at Big boys & Kellyco.

For $20 I would get the AT and it would be waterproof to 10' and Orange.

But then my 3yr old one still works.

Wow...I guess this is their way of saying that the original had falsing problems and throw in some added features, I'd like to see the internal coil wires.
..I dont know if this was a smart marketing move on garretts part...they had to make a mold for a new model( seems only thing different is he PP 2 has the same size speaker hole as original PP,and landyard hole is different,and only 1 sens level) to make it not waterproof and cost less(not enough less to justify buyin it tho)...i wouldnt be surprised if its just as waterproof as the AT> they just wont back it if u drown it

i say dumb move on garretts part

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same guts, different case, maybe a firmware update. It would be a better move, just to drop the price on the original, under $100. Still a high profit margin, more people would order two or three, backups, so they aren't without the best pinpointer on the planet, while one or more is in the fantastic care of customer service. Doubt this one is substantially different than the original.

I think that they know what the problem is/was with the falsing in the original but didnt want to admit to anything so they reworked and repackaged hopefully taking care of the issue. kinda like destroying the evidence in a crime scene.

I guess Garrett will have to phase the originals out, unless they are gonna offer the GpP2 at $120, which would be stupid when you can get the gppat for $130.

My GPP is still going strong at almost 7 years old. :cool::wow::grin::yes:

Its possible, but if they do I assume they will no longer be sending out new gpps when they break after a year or so being that they will no longer have the parts for them??? Unless they have a supply of parts to last for years.

I don't understand the price point of $110:?: If they really want to move this model, it should be priced near the X-pointer in the $80-90 range. I am sure the R&D for the pinpointer in general was paid for a long time ago. It's like coming out with an Ace 450 that is only $50-75 cheaper than the AT Pro.

Gpp

I guess Garrett will have to phase the originals out, unless they are gonna offer the GpP2 at $120, which would be stupid when you can get the gppat for $130.

My GPP is still going strong at almost 7 years old. :cool::wow::grin::yes:
X 2. mines going on 6 yrs i think, and never had a problem.:mder:

Personally it needs to be cheaper. The button tap retune on the AT is easily worth the $17 more. The new one still needs to turn off and on to do this. Although they did make is faster. $109.95 MSRP would have been ideal.

Speaking of Xpointer. I no longer carry it. They have some new models coming out for the value market.

Personally it needs to be cheaper. The button tap retune on the AT is easily worth the $17 more. The new one still needs to turn off and on to do this. Although they did make is faster. $109.95 MSRP would have been ideal.

Speaking of Xpointer. I no longer carry it. They have some new models coming out for the value market.

So...you are going to worry about 50 cents??

Or ere you referring to the propointer AT?

So...you are going to worry about 50 cents??

Or ere you referring to the propointer AT?

$109.95 msrp vs the current $129.95 msrp. so MAP would be $93.46 instead of

$110.46. So pointer 2 $93.46 and AT $127.46 would make more sense. AT current MSRP is $149.95.

Back
Top Bottom