Garrett Pro-Pointer

REDOC

Forum Supporter
Anybody had problems with the switch on the Garrett Pro-Pointer? Have to give it a lil bang or sometimes big bang on the ground to turn it on. Just started doing it. I put some padding behind the battery to secure it better when I 1st got in. Going to drop Garrett a line and then look and see when I bought this thing.

Yep. That happened to me, as well as many others. This is an ongoing subject here.

You betchya. Happened to me on my first one. I bought a switch from Radio Shack and rewired it. Got another 6 months out of it. Actually still works but as I mounted the switch externally, it got to be a pain. Bought a new one got a year out of it, now it's falsing real bad. Just ordered a carrot. Should be here beginning of this week. Hope they solved these issues.

Garrett has great customer service. Sent my pro pointer in after a year. I would not be able to hunt without it.

Thanks

I thought I read about it here. Sent em a E. Got my Carrott I can use. Guess I get to test out ol customer service.

Garret PP

I have had one going on 4 or 5 yrs now. No problems with it. I clean it, Don't store the batt in her when not used, And like said before , I don't use it like a shovel . It get's used about 2 - 3 times a week. But at 4 or 5 years old , I'll get a back up one.:mder:

Garrett

Well sent them a email yesterday and no reply. Thought I did something wrong sooo off to the site and it told me to do just what I did and email sales. So I forwarded it again. Looking for a RMA number I guess. Hope its covered.

garrett pin pointer

I have got one of the earlier ones no problem with it ---watch out for the ones made in china:wow:
My detector pro pistol probe works so much better and lots deeper:shock:They are not cheap but what a difference when you have it in the hole.

You should really call the 1-800 number, and really enjoy the customer service experience. Email is so cold and impersonal. The lady I talked to was pleasant, professional, and didn't waste time, or torture me with endless HOLD time, or transfers around the office. The exchange of information was quick, with practiced ease. You really couldn't hope or expect anything better, well, not having a problem in the first place...

As good as it was, I just couldn't do it a second time. The unit I got back, not sure if it was the same, or a replacement. I took very good care of it, kind of an expensive tool to just toss around. It failed, falsed badly, after only 6 months, the same problem I had with the first. If it had been a different sort of problem, I wouldn't have had a problem sending it back. Just could see repeating the same, over, and over, until maybe I get lucky. The problem is too frequent, to not be a design or manufacturing problem, that should have been corrected. Repair/replace is damage control, not a solution. No way, I'm buying a second one, as backup. Be a couple years, before I'd consider a Carrot model, need to see if they learned anything from the original. Plenty of other top-shelf choices now, to help drain the bank account. I just went back to my $13 Centech, after the last ProDisappointer, and haven't really considered an upgrade. I does all I need from a pinpointer. Would be nice to simply flip the power switch every time, no adjustments, but not really in a race, or need to be productive, just need to have fun.

I just got mine, started using it yesterday and it was beeping like crazy! I couldn't turn it off at all.....I wonder if I just need to replace the battery.

should call the 1800- and inquire about it?

thanks!

I would make sure that when you pressed the button that you weren't in the set-up mode for eith vibration mode or the regular use. Try another battery as well.

who do we call if we are having issues with the Garrett pro pointer? do I call the vendor who sold it to me, Garrett or Kellyco?

thanks!

who do we call if we are having issues with the Garrett pro pointer? do I call the vendor who sold it to me, Garrett or Kellyco?

thanks!

Call Garrett, it's painless, pleasant, and probably quickest resolution you can hope to get. I'm sure most of the sponsors would be quick to help, if you bought from them, and it wasn't working from the start. Mine didn't start messing up for months, but got progressively worse, until I could tell falsing from a target, without pulling it out of the hole. Couldn't even get it near the hole sometimes.

Seriously though, Garrett will take care of you, without the usual customer service BS. They are aware of the problem, so no blame games, or transfer to a 'technician', or half dozen other people around the office. I wasn't put on hold, hardly even a pause, as she tapped on the keyboard. It will literally only take a few minutes.

Yep

I placed a quarter in the cap to place some pressure on the battery
Put a hunk of paper towel in mine......No problem they got back with me on my second E and gave me a RMA and off it went. They've had it now bout a week.

Put a hunk of paper towel in mine......No problem they got back with me on my second E and gave me a RMA and off it went. They've had it now bout a week.

Keep us informed as to "how things go"............ (with Garrett)

Mine seems to be having a problem with, "turning it on". Sometimes it takes several times, to get it to stay on, otherwise, no problems.......:?:

Willdo

Keep us informed as to "how things go"............ (with Garrett)

Mine seems to be having a problem with, "turning it on". Sometimes it takes several times, to get it to stay on, otherwise, no problems.......:?:

Only thing I know right now is my carrot is starting to look like it. Errrr so nice when it was just in the water!!:mad::D:mad::D

Just got my Pro Pointer back from Garrett after being repaired under warranty. It was an absolutely painless process. Got to speak to the right folks right away without enduring endless phone menus. Turnaround time was quick. I think Garrett just sent me a new unit although the serial number is still the original. Does anyone know if the repaired Pro Pointers carry any additional warranty?

Kudos to Garrett customer service!

Back
Top Bottom