Nel hunter coil reviews, Any Info??

papachango

Hi Guys/Ladies,
I really need some advice on the NEL 'Hunter' coil. There seems to be a wealth of info for the more popular NEL coils, ie the 'Tornado' and the 'Sharpshooter'.
I do not want to fork out money for two coils so I am wondering if the NEL Hunter will give me better performance than the stock coil on the Minelab Explorer II? It should give me the same coverage per sweep as the tornado, yet be a bit better amongst trash?
Strangely enough it seems to have less depth than the sharpshooter, 40cm and 42cm respectively, which I find really odd as the Hunter is a larger coil.

Has anyone used this NEL Hunter coil with an Explorer II?

How did you find it?

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Guys/Ladies,
I really need some advice on the NEL 'Hunter' coil. There seems to be a wealth of info for the more popular NEL coils, ie the 'Tornado' and the 'Sharpshooter'.
I do not want to fork out money for two coils so I am wondering if the NEL Hunter will give me better performance than the stock coil on the Minelab Explorer II? It should give me the same coverage per sweep as the tornado, yet be a bit better amongst trash?
Strangely enough it seems to have less depth than the sharpshooter, 40cm and 42cm respectively, which I find really odd as the Hunter is a larger coil.

Has anyone used this NEL Hunter coil with an Explorer II?

How did you find it?

Any help is much appreciated.
Safe money for gas and hunting time and use original coils, Nel or other producers coils will not give you any advance in most hunting situation.

Safe money for gas and hunting time and use original coils, Nel or other producers coils will not give you any advance in most hunting situation.

Thanks Stasysba, but at this stage my mind is made up. I am ordering a NEL in the morning, the swinger is that it is waterproof. I have a beach in mind that I can use it on that has been out of reach for far too long :D
I tested a 12x10 SEF and I was disappointed, but I understand that is not everyones experience.

I'll let you all know how the NEL goes, but it could be a while until I receive it and get a vid done..

I Ordered the NEL Hunter from the Ukraine yesterday morning. Clock is ticking deliverywise. Coil cover and shaft bolt included in the price. I doubt I'll receive it before the new year what with the postal service being very busy over Christmas.
Due to the lack of info available on this coil I'll endeavour to keep you all posted on how everything goes, so that at least people can refer to this thread if they are considering this coil or this company in the future.

NEL Hunter: How goes it?

Apologies for reviving this old thread but can't get any info on theHunter coil.
Maybe the OP will respond, thanks.

Can not comment on the hunter on a Minelab but I have one for my Coinmaster GT and am very happy with it. it is 8.5x12.5 so depth is as expected air testing 12" but just like the stock 9.5 spider. If you are replacing a concentric with the Hunter you will be very happy with the separation. I would highly suggest you buy from a dealer that sells the manchine you use and ask him to test your coil on your model machine before he ships it. It is in everyone's best interest to make sure you get a properly functioning coil no matter who makes the coil. The Hunter never comes off the CM GT. I do not hunt in areas (unfortunately) with deep old coins so I can not comment on those, but I have dug vintage toys at well over 12" (metal army men) The Depth and ID numbers will be off slightly with any after market coil so you will need to learn and compensate.
MY NEL will be 3 years old next spring so far so good.

I have the Sharpshooter for my E-Trac and it goes to all the trashy parks and does VERY well in both depth and separation. The only complaint I have against it is that the coil cable is so very fat and stiff that it barely goes up inside the shaft of the detector. I once picked up a 17 caliber bullet (very very tiny) at about 8 inches with a good strong signal, pinpoint was dead on and the numbers only changed a bit from ground to air, something like 17/35 in the ground to 14/33 in the air...

I am using the Sharpshooter on my T2SE LTD and love it! TIDs seem to be on par with my factory coils.:D

I had the Hunter and Sharpshooter coils for my Whites 6T and they worked very well. I currently own a Sharpshooter for my Treasure Pro and it is a great coil for that machine. There is only a small drop in depth from the Sharpshooter and the D2 stock coil. I will be getting a Hunter for the TPro when I can afford it.

Thanks

Thanks guys for answering, I may be adding the Sharpshuter coil to the list now

Strum

Back
Top Bottom