Coils---dfx

bobbulge

Elite Member
Just starting out with a DFX, was wondering if I should think about an extra coil since I think I might fall into that $49 thing since my DFX is new. If so which one do you recommend and why? Or is the stock 950 coil enough since the DFX is such a top of the line machine.

Also what are your honest opinions about pinpointers? Which do you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bob,

$49 for a new coil is a steal. What to buy depends on the type of hunting you see doing most. Trashy areas? High mineralization areas? Open turf areas?

That would help narrow down your choice on how to best spend the $49.

As far as pin pointers, I use the old old White's Bulls eye and an in-line SunRay probe. The Bulls eye is easier to deploy and I use it quite a bit because it is quicker for me. Sometimes the situation calls for a deeper seeking probe. That's when I unclip the SunRay DX-1 from my MXT and use it.

bob, I'm getting the Super 12 coil soon (the $49 deal). It's always nice to have a coil that's larger and one that's smaller than your 950 coil. Once I get this Super 12 coil I'll have 5 different coils for my DFX and M6. You ask, "Do you actually use all those coils?" The answer is, "Yes." There are so many situations that these coils can help with. Choose your coil for the environments you'll be detecting in.

When I go out I basically stick with coin and jewlery, and it seems like the areas I go to are parks and fields and everyday type areas. This summer I might hit the beach. I did notice the other day I was walking around a pond with the basic coin and jewlery settings and for about 50 yards the DFX had nothing but a 95 hot rock reading. And a couple times in different areas when I put the PAG up to 3 I had an overload when I tried to pinpoint. A lot of times and I do mean a lot of times I get an icon of nickel and ring with like 3 bars on the signograph and not a single time the pulltab or bottlecap shows and it is still a bottlecap. I don't ever remember having this much of a mistake when I had my 6000DI, whatever showed was basically what I found.
Also during the overload I am in the middle of the field, no power lines or fences or such around. I do take my PAG back down to 2 rebalance and it still seems a little iffy. So will a different coil help there? If so what would you recommend, the 12' super or the DD 1400.

I guess I was wondering who qualifies for the $49.00 deal. How far back on the purchase date will they go to qualify for the deal or is it only good on purchases at present.

Bob,
It depends on what kind of detecting your doing and in what areas. Trashy areas for coin and jewelry you would use a 6x10 or smaller DD coil. Large areas for coin and jewelry a larger coil with more coverage would be desirable. I went to my Whites dealer with your same question in January. He talked me in to trying a Bigfoot coil. This thing is the only way to hunt large areas. I have pulled 8 rings and over a $100 in quarters since I got this coil (2 months) . I just started using my DFX in December (I am a newbie). I know the deal probably does not cover this coil but, It's worth the price for coin and jewelry hunting.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

SEARCH COIL SELECTOR (check one)
for DFX, MXT and M6
Super 12 801-3229
Eclipse Shooter DD 4x6 801-3219
Eclipse 5.3 801-3215
Eclipse DD 6x10 801-3216
Eclipse Deepscan 1400 DD 8x14 801-3223
for XLT
Blue Max Shooter DD 801-3220
Blue Max 3.5 801-3198
Blue Max 5.3 801-3188-2
Blue Max 1500 801-3201
for GMT
Goldmaster Shooter DD 4x6 801-3218
Goldmax 8x14 801-3204

These are the coils available for the $49. Deal
So it looks like the Bigfoot isn't there, or is it the DD1400?

So out of the coils listed above which one seems the best for coins and jewlery and the type of stuff I listed earlier. More than likely I probably won't take the offer but if someone wanted to entice me, well....

Back
Top Bottom