Got a pair

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Of nickels..1945 war and a 1919 buffalo nickel..i won't post all my junk, but I've been digging only low conductors trying to find gold..Still looking for it.lol..the war nickel jumped from the 30s to 70s so I dug it but I'm concentrating on foil and nickel signals only.

Attachments

• 20190715_150839~3.jpg
    20190715_150839~3.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 596
  • 20190715_144306(1)~2.jpg
    20190715_144306(1)~2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 519
Neat finds, the Silver Jefferson and the Buffalo! Hope you find that gold you are seeking, I am impressed... you have more patience than I do, unless I get the chance to do some beach hunting someday!

Nice finds Woody. Congrats on the war nickel and Buff. My last hunt, and I wasn't just hunting low conductors I dug 7 nickels,2 V 2Buff and 3 Jeffs. All other signals were crappy ones, I did dig one memorial. And a ton of trash. Good luck on your quest for gold. HH Mark

Of nickels..1945 war and a 1919 buffalo nickel..i won't post all my junk, but I've been digging only low conductors trying to find gold..Still looking for it.lol..the war nickel jumped from the 30s to 70s so I dug it but I'm concentrating on foil and nickel signals only.

I been trying to pay more attention to mid tones for the same reason. No gold yet either! And no fabulous nickles like yours as well but regular uninspiring one or two from time to time. Lots and lots of square can tabs and shredded thin metal.

Mark put it well a "Quest for Gold." Your have patients is more than I Pete. Congrats on the War Nickel and the Buffalo, I can only imagine the amount of trash your digging. Trapper

Good luck! I’ve been digging those low conductors for ten years now, three different detectors, different lakefront and inland parks. Dozens of rings and bling, but no real gold. Someday!

Congrats on the nickels. I use the ATPro and gold does vary a lot based on size, gold content, etc. the gold I found had VDI numbers from the mid 40's to the high 50's, but they were fairly small 10K rings. Good luck in your endeavor!

Neat finds, the Silver Jefferson and the Buffalo! Hope you find that gold you are seeking, I am impressed... you have more patience than I do, unless I get the chance to do some beach hunting someday!
Thanks lovestheshiny,nice to find a few coins along the way

Nice pair of nickles Pete! Good luck on the search for gold!
Thanks Ron
Congrats on the nickels.

HD
Thanks HDMontana

Nice finds Woody. Congrats on the war nickel and Buff. My last hunt, and I wasn't just hunting low conductors I dug 7 nickels,2 V 2Buff and 3 Jeffs. All other signals were crappy ones, I did dig one memorial. And a ton of trash. Good luck on your quest for gold. HH Mark
THANKS Mark,I don’t find a lot of old nickels so it was cool to find these..With our western pa heritage tho we have a lot of old coins out there.
I been trying to pay more attention to mid tones for the same reason. No gold yet either! And no fabulous nickles like yours as well but regular uninspiring one or two from time to time. Lots and lots of square can tabs and shredded thin metal.
I dig a lot of trash too,and I’m not usto it..But it’s fun to find the little trinkets that I miss by just digging high tones.Gold will come for you I think.good luck
Mark put it well a "Quest for Gold." Your have patients is more than I Pete. Congrats on the War Nickel and the Buffalo, I can only imagine the amount of trash your digging. Trapper
Thanks Trapper,I’m gonna give it a few more outings before I resort back to silver.lol

Nice! I love finding nickels!

Thanks wyotom

Good luck! I’ve been digging those low conductors for ten years now, three different detectors, different lakefront and inland parks. Dozens of rings and bling, but no real gold. Someday!
I’ve seen your bling pics AMC rulz,one of the reasons I’m trying to get some..lol
Congrats on the nickels. I use the ATPro and gold does vary a lot based on size, gold content, etc. the gold I found had VDI numbers from the mid 40's to the high 50's, but they were fairly small 10K rings. Good luck in your endeavor!
Thanks rustyk1,it’s defi a labor of love.
Congratulations on the double 5’s. The silver war nick is very cool.
Thanks Beachhunter
Good work. I hope you find your gold!
Thanks Estima8tor

Nickels...Haven't found one for at least a year now!
Gotta dig those midtones,Somtimes nickels don’t give a great signal
So you wouldn’t dig a solid 87 signal your saying
I’ve passed up all hightones the last few outings,and I do stop occasionally and look at them and yes,I’ve passed up what we’re definitely quarter or silver signals.Tough,but no lie I just kept swinging,
Nice...I am a gold hunter so I know what you have to go through to find that stuff.
All worth it if you find some, though.
Yes it is,if I can get some gold.

Two fantastic coins. Since getting a Nox I’ve turned into a high tones drifter.... the Compadre found me a good amount of gold... hoping I can adapt and still find gold. Got lucky once so far with a target that rang up a fairly solid 7. Ended up being a small platinum and diamond ring inscribed with a wedding date (?) 1938... glad I dug that normally-trash signal.

Back
Top Bottom