Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 05-31-2019, 07:48 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks, Mary--glad you liked it. I've always given a standing offer of a full refund to anyone not happy with any of my books. Never given one yet.
cjc
Originally Posted by jmaryt View post
is this 'clyde!" got your first equinox book! very well written!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:32 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by jmaryt View post
jeezzz!..you two guys outta get married!
if this is 'clyde" there's nothin' wrong with his first book!
it was very informative! i thought! at least he cared enough to
write it! nobody else stepped up to do it at the time! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Oh yeah? I was thinking the same EXACT thing about you and cjc. Both of you like to try and and tell everyone how it is around here. And you're the only one singing his praises here.

Just sayin'...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:36 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by goodmore View post
So what is the feedback on Andy's book? Plenty of people chimed in to say they were ordering one across the forums. Nobody has offered a review. Worth the money? I got one coming out on how to use a shovel. A hint.....it's all about the foot placement. That's all I'll give away.

Put me down for two if you're taking pre-orders!

I know where I'd like to place one of my feet right now with one particular person in this thread. I won't mention any names but his initials are cjc...

Old 06-01-2019, 12:40 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by jmaclen View post
Friendly Metal Detecting Forum.......hummmmmmm? This reads more like the Unfriendly Metal Detecting Forum. Maybe some of you should use private messages for grievances like this. Reading your Cross-Talk is not fun, friendly or particularly informative.

Jeff
I agree totally.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:47 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by cjc View post
For a minute I was taking you seriously --a mistake. The fact that you can't see anything positive about my book tells me that your comments say more about you-that the book itself. Done.cjc
CJC.

I purchased your books. I read your books. I looked past the grammatical errors. I liked the content.

YOUR comments in this thread say more about YOU than anything you wrote in your books.

IH: 9, Buffalo/V/Shield: 9, Gold: 1!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Stiffwrists View post
CJC.

I purchased your books. I read your books. I looked past the grammatical errors. I liked the content.

YOUR comments in this thread say more about YOU than anything you wrote in your books.

I agree. I was gonna order both books. That mouthy attitude tells me I donít wanna give a dollar in his direction. Iíll buy Andyís book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:27 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Waveoff View post
Oh yeah? I was thinking the same EXACT thing about you and cjc. Both of you like to try and and tell everyone how it is around here. And you're the only one singing his praises here.

Just sayin'...
i sing praises of myself, but i am not afraid to compliment someone
on a job well done, and his book was excellent! ..enjoyed the hell out of it!
cheap reference material, and a damn fine read! i'm NOT gay so ain't gonna happen! (lol!)..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Old 06-01-2019, 07:04 PM
Elite Member

For me itís all about the hunt and new discoveries. I probably donít need another book collecting dust.

Old 06-01-2019, 08:59 PM

Hello All !

Just received my book TODAY ( June 1 , 2019 )

Looks AWESOME after very quick thumb - through !

Going to attempt ..... to dig into tomorrow !

Old 06-03-2019, 06:59 PM
Elite Member

I read your first book CJC and liked it. I just finished reading Andy's book and liked it as well. Really not sure after reading your tempered posts/comments here that I will pony up for your second one now. I am a bit surprised by your behavior in this thread.
First of all, it was about Andy Sabisch's book, not your books. (Start your own thread to lash out and defend yourself since it seems to be necessary for you to do so) but yet you hijacked this thread in a childlike manner. Secondly, it disappoints me that a known reputable treasure hunter with your catalog of books would take off the gloves at just a hint of criticism and lash out at members here.
We have this document in the states called The Constitution (let google be your friend and look it up). Read the first amendment.( I am sure there are no spelling/grammatical errors there)
Anyway, if you can't handle a little criticism then don't sell to the public. I think you owe some members an apology. If you are a true gentleman and a professional, you will do the right thing.....or not. Suck it up buttercup and put on your man pants. For a person that writes a lot of words, you sure get offended by just a few.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:41 PM

ZR2Guy I totally agree with your assessment of much of this thread. I just wanted to hear about Andyís book on the Nox. I was surprised by cjc attacking fellow members on this forum for their initially straight forward critical comments about editorial problems with his books. I was equally surprised that this continued to spiral downward into mud slinging and worse from cjc and others. When someone on this forum attacks me verbally or if I write something that might seem negative about another member I consider sending them a private message to try to straighten things out instead of completely hijacking a thread and dumping all over the rest of us. I wish this stuff wouldnít happen here!

Jeff

Last edited by jmaclen; 06-03-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Old 06-03-2019, 10:24 PM
Supporter

Bought Andy's book and I'm reading it, but haven't finished it yet. My personal opinion is that it's well written with good descriptions of the controls and their functions; how and why to make adjustments on the controls. It's organized well and helpful for anyone who has not made use of, or does not understand all the control settings and adjustments. There are good descriptions of the differences and relative values of the 600 and 800 controls. There is some Minelab advertising. Seller on the listed site is the Sabisch family, which is why you get a signed copy. Shipped quickly by priority mail. I am glad that I purchased the book, and satisfied with its content.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:18 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mikey48 View post
Bought Andy's book and I'm reading it, but haven't finished it yet. My personal opinion is that it's well written with good descriptions of the controls and their functions; how and why to make adjustments on the controls. It's organized well and helpful for anyone who has not made use of, or does not understand all the control settings and adjustments. There are good descriptions of the differences and relative values of the 600 and 800 controls. There is some Minelab advertising. Seller on the listed site is the Sabisch family, which is why you get a signed copy. Shipped quickly by priority mail. I am glad that I purchased the book, and satisfied with its content.
Finally a nice little review of the book. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Sponsor

I also own the book, a very good book with lots of information, especially for those new to using a multi-freq detector and much more information than a stock users manual has.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by goodmore View post
So what is the feedback on Andy's book? Plenty of people chimed in to say they were ordering one across the forums. Nobody has offered a review. Worth the money? I got one coming out on how to use a shovel. A hint.....it's all about the foot placement. That's all I'll give away.

That's great goodmore, I'm looking forward to getting a first edition signed copy of your expert guide to digging tools...hearing your take on the digger/shovel controversy...maybe an in-depth look at tang lengths and composition...serrated blades or not?...an inside look at the Lesche/Predator split...what exactly is chrome moly 4130 aircraft quality steel?...sharpening tool comparisons...the uses for folding pocket saws...digging tools and self-defense...etc

Your tome should fill up 172 pages like Sabisch's, hopefully I gave you a few new ideas to expound on. And don't forget to autograph every copy for your fanboys!

As for the Sabisch book it's a worthwhile read and reference. I appreciate a book full of tips and techniques and I'm glad to support the author in exchange for some bits of previously unrealized knowledge. Some unnecessary fill, shill, finds pictures and Detecting 101, but at 172 pages there's still plenty of beyond basic info. As for the Equinox, I'm surprised how good it is straight out of the box. Turn it on, pick a mode, noise cancel and go

Old 07-23-2019, 02:15 AM

Never thought I would read a pissing contest here ! Entertaining , but after awile it gets old. Anyway , I bought the CJC book. Think I paid $18 with shipping. Not much. I looked past some of the grammar. Kinda like when your texting someone: no big deal. Alot I already knew. There were some informative things I didn't. Anything to better myself , even just a little is worth it to me. My only complaint would be that the print could be a little larger. Yes , I would buy it again. I have not bought Andy's book yet , but probably will.