Second Day, Second Gold

Call Me V

We went back out for some hunting this morning. We planned on one park but they were working on the sprinkler system so we decided to go to another park instead, and I'm glad we did. An hour into the we were just finding clad. The park wasn't too trashy so we were digging everything, including a lot of pull tabs. Only one signal that I was sure was a pull tab turned out to be different.

I had a solid 15 on my Nox 600 VDI. Yesterday I dug up a nice silver pendent at that same signal. Today was a ring!

It's a 9.4 gram 14k white gold ring with a jeweler's mark for G. Fredrick Goldman. The second ring is just a junk ring, but it had me excited when I first pulled it out of the ground.

Add this gold ring to the 7.7 gram 10k bracelet I found yesterday and that's 17 grams of gold in two days. I'm excited, but at the same time I'm sure that a pair of days like this may not happen again in a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 558
Nice job on the gold. I also swing the Nox 600 and do appreciate you mentioning the vdi numbers. I have found gold with other detectors but I have not found any with the Nox yet.

OMG! You are on fire! Another tab signal produced that? Wow! :wow:

Last year I dug a similar 14K white gold FG band. Mine was around 7 1/2 grams. I sold it for $170. Yours would likely get $200 or more on "feebay". Nice payday!

Nice job on the gold. I also swing the Nox 600 and do appreciate you mentioning the vdi numbers. I have found gold with other detectors but I have not found any with the Nox yet.

I always appreciated when others mentioned their VDI numbers. It kind of reaffirms that you have to just about dig everything if you want the jewelry (which I do). I have three pieces of gold with the Nox. A bracelet and a small gold band hit at 10 and the white gold ring at 15.

You gotta be wearing THAT one! What a nice streak on the dirt gold! 2 days in a row is monumental when it comes to dirt gold...Congratulations V!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Updated Picture

The ring was too pretty to just leave it as is, so Mom took it to a jeweler and he polished it up for me. Wow! It went from dull to shiny and beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 332
Fat 14K! Congrats! Good job digging those mid tones. Rings like that help you forget all the pull tabs real quick. I'm trying to not be jealous... and failing. :wow:

Congrats on the white gold band! It definitely polished up nicely! Good work on the photography, too. :D

Back
Top Bottom