3 wheaties 1 plug!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
We went out to woods last night to let the kid's go run around and play by the creek bed. Figured i'd bring the detectors out incase we saw some good ground. When we got where we were going we realized there weren't to many people who camp there but decided to swing the Fisher around for a few mins. The Fisher didnt make a sound for a few mins but after a little bit I got a solid dime signal. Dug the plug and out popped a wheat penny! DiDigging around with the pinpointer and out pops another one! I figured I'd check it one more time and found another one! I've never got to dig up anything as fun as a 3 wheat spill! I have a video of it on our Facebook group page if anyone's interested. you can tell I was geeked out while I was digging them up lol. Anyways here's some pics.

Attachments

• 20190601_104343.jpg
    20190601_104343.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 342
  • 20190601_104418.jpg
    20190601_104418.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 306
Nice! It's always a treat to find multiple older coins in one hole. I once found 5 wheats from the 1930s and 1940s all stacked on top of each other about 4 inches down.

Nice! It's always a treat to find multiple older coins in one hole. I once found 5 wheats from the 1930s and 1940s all stacked on top of each other about 4 inches down.

Its crazy to think about how long coins that old must have sat in the ground. These were out in the middle of the woods! Lol

Awesome!!! This might sou d like a stupid question, but did you scan the hole again after finding the 3? I love random woods spots, some of my best finds have come from them. Always overlooked, most hunters like easy grassy type parks, many dont like dodging bugs, trees, poison ivy, etc... I would get back there ASAP, almost every spot I've found wheat cents, silver wasn't far behind! Congrats!

This was the area we we're out at. Pretty country up there but not too promising for metal detecting lol or so I thought. ...

Attachments

• 20190531_192149_20190601133027140.jpg
    20190531_192149_20190601133027140.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 279
Awesome!!! This might sou d like a stupid question, but did you scan the hole again after finding the 3? I love random woods spots, some of my best finds have come from them. Always overlooked, most hunters like easy grassy type parks, many dont like dodging bugs, trees, poison ivy, etc... I would get back there ASAP, almost every spot I've found wheat cents, silver wasn't far behind! Congrats!

Thanks!! Yeah I scanned the hole a few Times and slowed down to grid a good area around it. Headed back that way today! I definitely love being out ib the sticks. I don't mind dodging bugs lol. Gotta swing where other's don't! Might not ve a beep every 5 feet but how many wheat spills come outta city park's lol

Thanks!! How's the weather out your way? Its getting hot and miserable here lol. The mountains and old camp sites are nice but that's a lot of driving for a couple wheat cents
Got over 80 today in Bozeman. Looks to be the same for next few days. Cooler over next weekend.

HD

They seem to be in pretty good condition too, some nice scenery you're hunting in btw

Thanks! I love hunting in that area, just don't have a lot of luck. The grounds super mineralized and the detectors are chatty as can be but every once in awhile I get lucky.

It's always fun finding multiple old coins in the hole. Wait til you find a silver spill, now that exciting.

Haha I think life's teaching me how to properly celebrate an old coin spill before it throws a silver spill at me. I'd keel over from the excitement hahaha

Back
Top Bottom