Show us your Totlot treasure!

Great story Mud! I remember that one!!

Totlotting is a subset specialty skill within this sport, so good on you for bringing it up for its rightful recognition! Yeah...my totters here have all gone bone dry...I've not found Gold or any appreciable amount of clad or cash or about nothing for the past few years...Right when the local Schools went with a cashless system....Nobody else is hunting them either, my Tell Pennies remain underneath the swings and unmolested...

Not even the dopers are spending much time in them anymore, cant tell you the last time I found a condom wrapper in a totter either? Those used to be quite a common foil totlot find!......

Times and demographics and proclivities and the dropper herd movements change and change rapidly they did....A Subsistence Hunter has to adapt or die! :laughing: Cant make any kind of ROI money in the totters anymore! Not up here anyway! Besides that, Half my good old totters have been rubbercoated! :mad:

My one and currently only wheatie was found at a tot-lot. :mder:
picture.php

picture.php

Well heres my biggest totlot score...A few years back before the days of the "Big Clad Dryup" I had a really nice productive fleet of totters laid out in several quadrants. They produced Gold, Silver, Old G'Pas stolen coins, empty cans, candy, clad, lunchboxes and jackets etc....A guy could run a circuitous route and pull at least $10 clad before 10 am kicking chips in park and schoolyard...So along with the bycatch, it paid a fairly decent ROI...I kept these milk routes strictly maintained and fiercely managed...

Well, Sir, one Weekend morning in the predawn I pulled into my first stop of my Northern Run. It was a blighted Urban park in a bad part of town with a totter....as I navigated Rosie into the parking lot, broken glass bottles, McDonalds refuse, evidentiary signs of a big soiree the previous night...or a garbage truck exploded..portended positive possibilities.

It was then, from my car, as I dodged the glass caltrops, in the headlights I could see a wad of bills! I pulled up along side and opened the door and snatched them up, and just proceeded to roll right on out of there! There was a $20 on the outside, so I figured, "Cool! I got that and a stack of $1's at least!".....

I didnt check the totality of my Windfall until I arrived safely out of the area at my next stop...Sweet Shards of Narsil! :laughing:

You found a Crunch bar? That's AWESOME...one of my favorites

You found a Crunch bar? That's AWESOME...one of my favorites

Right? A mini Crunch bar! Thanks for noticing! I got lucky on that one, it was a fresh drop...Bucketlist! Since I have a mid priced rig and cheap headphones, I was like 'No way would I ever find anything so succulent as a minicrunch!'...And yet I did! three cheers for Me!~ Excelsior!

I can only imagine what I could find if I were to upgrade!...I bet I would be finding full sized Zagnut bars or like a two pound Baby Ruth! Talk about a score!

Speaking of Baby Ruths, Somebody said they sell two pound log rolls down at the TSC...Big deal! Hell, I step in them all the time at the dog park! Easy!

Just try pulling a wrapped Mini Crunch out of an active totter before sunup! You really gotta know what you are doing, and thanks to the Forum here, I had my head screwed on right that day! :laughing:

Right? A mini Crunch bar! Thanks for noticing! I got lucky on that one, it was a fresh drop...Bucketlist! Since I have a mid priced rig and cheap headphones...I can only imagine what I could find if I were to upgrade!...I bet I would be finding full sized Zagnut bars or like a two pound Baby Ruth! Talk about a score!

Speaking of Baby Ruths, Somebody said they sell two pound log rolls down at the TSC...Big deal! Hell, I step in them all the time at the dog park! Easy!

Just try pulling a wrapped Mini Crunch out of an active totter before sunup! You really gotta know what you are doing, and thanks to the Forum here, I had my head screwed on right that day! :laughing:

Classic fun sized comedy right here! Oh Henry! bars are really good too! If you find one of those in a totter that’s rarer than a Gold coin in Calabash’s test Garden!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right? A mini Crunch bar! Thanks for noticing! I got lucky on that one, it was a fresh drop...Bucketlist! Since I have a mid priced rig and cheap headphones, I was like 'No way would I ever find anything so succulent as a minicrunch!'...And yet I did! three cheers for Me!~ Excelsior!

I can only imagine what I could find if I were to upgrade!...I bet I would be finding full sized Zagnut bars or like a two pound Baby Ruth! Talk about a score!

Or maybe a Hundred Grand bar....now THAT would be something fun to find...

Or a PayDay...yum

oh...and that cash was OK too...

The only gold I have ever found in a tot lot, my first 14k ring.

IMG_1300.jpg

I have also found foreign coins from several countries in these things for some reason.
This Canadian Loonie is my favorite because I only found this one and it was standing straight up, 4" deep right next to and actually leaning right on big metal.
Missed by everybody but my Compadre found it easily with that double beep.

P1020515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom