Got an AT Pro for X-Mas, Took it out for the 1st time today.

digginsilver

For Christmas my girlfriend got me a Garret AT Pro that came with headphones, a Garret PinPointer and a new lesche. She really hit it out of the ballpark this year. My last detector (a coinmaster) was getting old and beat, the coil was cracked, one of the arm supports had cracked off and was just getting really banged up so this new set up was welcomed.

Today I got to take it out for the first time. I went to my usual spot, a local lake, and went to the "trashy" areas where theres usually tons of targets (mostly pull tabs and bottle caps). I wanted to just start swinging and digging up anything I came across to start to familiarize myself with the machine and see how different things rang up. I can tell it's going to take me a few trips to get used to it but I'm looking forward to learning and getting better. The best target I dug turns out to be a Ketel One Vodka Sacramento Bartenders Guild challenge token. From what research i was able to find, it says that these challenge tokens are given out to fellow bartenders or other people and that if you present a token to someone, they have to present their token or else they owe you a drink. If they do present theirs to you, then you owe them a drink. It also sounds like they are pretty scarce, and are made in batches of only 100 (this was info regarding tokens made by a different alcohol company though) and that you can get them from reps of alcohol companies and that they must be given to you but they do pop up for sale every once in awhile but usually fetch a couple to several hundred dollars. If anyone knows anything more about these please let me know. Also, sorry for having to post a link to the pictures, I'm still trying to find an image hosting site that I can post pictures from. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know too. Thanks for looking everyone, hope you've all had a great holiday and HH!
http://imgur.com/a/JcWKkrY

Congrats on the new set up. And yes Santa was quite good to you. The AT Pro is a great machine. I ran mine in Pro-mode wide open and found a bunch of cool stuff' Good luck with it. HH Mark

Cool token man! Congrats!! You’ll have a blast diggin for sure! In regards to the other pics on there, I agree with the comment about the Vw bus! I have had a few! My daily driver is a ‘69 bug! And that cool fireplace...I just saw one at a hotel in Raleigh...it’s pretty amazing how real it looks!

Happy hunting!!

Run it in pro mode zero then notch out iron upto 40. You can turn iron audio on or off to check targets.
Happy detecting!

Very crisp looking token, and good luck with the new machine, Sounds like you needed it. :yes:

Thank you everyone for the replys and well wishes. Like I said. I'm very excited to get used to this machine and start finding even better stuff. Regarding other pics found in the link, those are reccomended pice from imgur uploaded by other users. Only the first 3 of the machine and the token are mine. Thanks again everyone! HH!

Back
Top Bottom