Day Of Firsts & Almost

arw40

Forum Supporter
Well, I posted my year end post back on November 27th after a few small snow storms followed by a week of 20s making the ground like cement. I figured that was it. Since that time I have been able to get out another 6 times to hunt. After that week the temps for the most part have been around 35-40 with a number of warmer days reaching 50-60. Friday was 60 and raining here so this made swamp conditions to hunt in.

In the 6 hunts I took in $91.72 in clad including an Eisenhower dollar and 2 Kennedy halfs. Yesterday I was on my way to hit one of my farther larger parks and discovered a baseball complex on the way that I never knew was there. Good thing. I took in $31.91 in clad there and that was mostly cherry picking quarters because the swamp conditions. I also had another hunt that produced $23.59. The rest of the clad came in 4 smaller hunts. Today I was at it again in muddy crappy conditions and FINALLY after 13 years of doing this and hunting countless schools I found my first class ring. Now the bad....Its sterling silver which I knew from the vdi numbers it was giving. Still cool to dig though. I also dug what I thought out in the field was a nice gold chain. I got home home and cleaned it up and broke out the loop then reality set in...LOL...it says 925 2/25 14K which im assuming is 925 with 14K plating. Again, still a nice chain and I`ll throw it up on ebay for $20 or something.

All in all just when I thought things were over back on November 27th they were actually just getting started. With this $91.72 in clad that takes my yearly total to $528.99. The digging is so easy still after the rain and the temps are holding for now so I think I can sneak in a few more hunts before years end. Nothing great here but i was amazed by how much more I found after I called it quits....HH to all ! :grin:

Attachments

• DSCN0705.jpg
    DSCN0705.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN0707.jpg
    DSCN0707.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN0708.jpg
    DSCN0708.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN0709.jpg
    DSCN0709.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN0710.jpg
    DSCN0710.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 174
Some very fantastic hunting Andy. One heck of a haul in the clad department. Congrats on the Sterling Class Ring and the Gold plated Sterling Bracelet. Sounds like a couple more outings before you really have the YTD totals. Very impressive. Trapper

Some very fantastic hunting Andy. One heck of a haul in the clad department. Congrats on the Sterling Class Ring and the Gold plated Sterling Bracelet. Sounds like a couple more outings before you really have the YTD totals. Very impressive. Trapper

Thanks Trapper. I still have a number of places that I havent hit yet but as I write this the ground is covered with morning snow and conditions less than ideal. Either way if I dont get out again it was fun the last 6 hunts and was able to grab a few jewelry finds also...HH

Geez Louise! That's a lot of coinage, and a couple nice silvers too! Congrats on finding that virgin baseball complex! Sounds like a lot of fun. Still hoping to find a class ring myself...

That is a FANTASTIC HUNT there! Congratulations....mega haul in clad and then silver and gold to boot.....excellent finds there....really well done.

Back
Top Bottom