Unboxing Of The New Pro-Pointer II With Some Air Tests

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
Compared to the original PRO-POINTER, the new PRO - POINTER II has a hole to attach a lanyard, auto shut off, chirps for an hour if you lose it turned on so you can find it, is more sensitive, more durable and costs less then the PRO-POINTER AT. Check out my quick video below:

http://youtu.be/DNlPeNwWBPM

If it is as good as the old one, there is going to be way too many problems with falsing. I hope not, though.....

I've been hesitating to say this John,,,,your sensitivity exhibitions showing no more that 2" on this new PPr, hardly blows up my dress(sarcasm) compared to my old original Propointers. Jus' sayin' Dude

From a marketing standpoint, Garrett should have released this first, then the AT version. They are so close in price, why not kick in the extra $10 or so and get the AT, unless you just can't stand the color orange.:yes: Hope it works out for you. The falsing issues have supposedly been corrected with the II.

I hope they redid the internals with the falsing. I bought a broken old style one off of feebay just to see what's going on. Hardest part is sliding it back together.

Thanks for the review.

I was very close to buying the new one - we have 3 older ones that false badly. Decided to tear one apart with some info that the wires from the head are touching the circuit board and shorting since the lacquer insulation is flaking off. Painted the wires (couple coats) with vinyl electric tape and coated the board good. All seems great with two outings.

Garrett is lucky they don't have a class action suit on their hands for this issue. They have not remedied the issue, and from what I read they charge app $50 for repair when you send the faulty one back in to them - to correct a manufacturing issue!

If the new one does have a good track record going forward, we'll buy some.

Even though I've had zero request for these I decided to get one test out.

The on/off is lightening fast. So to detune is just a quick double click on button for off/on will do the trick. This was my personal not like about it but now it can be considered.

Button is the new style that the AT has.

No falsing that I could generate out of the box at least. time will tell with use.

I don't care about lost alarm personally.

So it is an improvement. Better switch, instant on/off, and no falsing.

So it has replaced the AT for me because what it offers I don't need personally.

waterproof
adjustable sensitivity
vibrate only modes
single tap detune.
orange color

I still wish it was a little cheaper so there was clear choice. But no more annoying on/off pausing and orange color. Again, just a personal take. Your mileage will always very.

I beat it up pretty good for a couple hours on rock hard ground. No falsing. Man it is nice to have instant click of button and back in the sheath. I know it's only a second but I didn't realize how much I missed that until yesterday hunting. I still think it should be MSRP 109.99 instead of 129.99 but I like it.

Back
Top Bottom