Man I LOVE this hobby!

NoelGZ

I enjoy this hobby more than anything. Every week I look forward to the weekend to go out swinging my detector, and wonder just what I might dig up. Well last weekend I dug my very first standing liberty quarter. I couldnt believe it because I had yet to ever find a silver G.W. quarter. Well, today I get to scratch that off of the list. I went out and got a 1940 mercury dime, several wheaties, some clad, and my very first ever G.W. silver quarter. a 1953 D. 2 silvers on the day. I cant wait to see what I dig up tomorrow!

thanks bigstoff. Ive been detecting for going on 2 years and I have to admit the detecting gods have been really good to me. I hope they continue to shine down!

Congratulations!
It really is amazing how we are willing to drive 20 miles for a few coins.
Today I spent almost 3 hours in a muddy beanfield, found a flat button, toetap and a civil war token and I'm totally thrilled about the hunt!
It's these little victories that keep me going out:yes:

I totally agree. Sometimes my knees hurt so bad I can barely walk. But out I go detecting. Just so interesting too see what pops out. Today it was a silver dollar. Yesterday a Mercury dime. Love it.

Congratulations!
Today I spent almost 3 hours in a muddy beanfield, found a flat button, toetap and a civil war token and I'm totally thrilled about the hunt!

Isnt it? Its just so intriguing not knowing what sort of piece of history could be unearthed next. Then seeing a shiny twinkle of something gold or silver in the dark dirt and the excitement as well as the pride of preservering and finding it. its so rewarding. i sit on this computer for hours at night researching new places and that to me is just as exciting as getting to those places and seeing what the metal detecting gods give me next lol.

I totally agree. Sometimes my knees hurt so bad I can barely walk. But out I go detecting. Just so interesting too see what pops out. Today it was a silver dollar. Yesterday a Mercury dime. Love it.

man congrats on that silver dollar! i hope one day i am so lucky! the biggest silver ive pulled up was a quarter so far but man was i stoked to see that standing liberty in the hole last weekend. now a G.W. and i was just as pleased. i would be ecstatic to see a silver half or a dollar in the plug. wow what a great find! if i dug a silver dime each time out id be ecstatic. it just means the world to me to get a small token of gratitude for putting in the research and going out and putting in the time to find it.

I was thinking today that it is literally like finding a needle in a haystack:yes:
I think that's why it is so rewarding when you do find the "needle"

I was thinking today that it is literally like finding a needle in a haystack:yes:
I think that's why it is so rewarding when you do find the "needle"

great analogy youre exactly right!

Congratulations!
Amen to this

Back
Top Bottom