Nice friday hunt.

gtoast99

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone! Long time no see. I'm still alive and kicking, but life got in the way of digging and I haven't been able to get out much lately. I've still been reading the forum daily though, you lot have made some nice recoveries lately.

Anyways, I got permission for a new spot so my friend Phil and I went to check it out. The ground was like concrete which made for tough diggin. We got into a little picket post on the old road, and did pretty well on lead. My take was 4 bullets, his was 8. He got a really cool carved sinker bullet.

I also found the frame to a colonial knee buckle. Phil found the chape, which we didn't realize went to the same buckle until I found this example online after we went home. So all that's missing is the prong piece, and hopefully we can find it on a return trip someday. I won't post pics of his finds in case he wants to, but suffice it to say the chape is identical.

All in all, a beautiful day to save some history with a friend. Couldn't ask for any better. There's more detail and some additional pics on my blog if you're interested. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• phils friend.JPG
    phils friend.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 136
  • bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 131
  • knee buckle.jpg
    knee buckle.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 137
Nice hunt.... I want to go soo bad today but I got the kids ... I got dig fever hit perfect day for it too HH

Back
Top Bottom