14k Gold ring with amathyst and diamonds and another ring.

silver quarter digger

I found this ring about two inches deep where perents sit to watch there kids at soccer practice. It is an amathyst stone with .10 carats of diamonds.
I found the two rings and the chain all in a very large woodchip playground near my counseling appointment. The heart is all diamonds weighing at about 1 carat, and the chain is 18k gold and valued at 750 dollars.

Attachments

• storypic_chrisok1.jpg
    storypic_chrisok1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,374
  • storypic_chrisok2.jpg
    storypic_chrisok2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2,352
Last edited:
Very nice finds!

That stone is very unique, I have not seen one cut like that.
I would go back to that place and see what else I could find.
Keep up the good work!

I am going again on Friday as this week has been warm but Friday is going to be forty degrees so there will not be a lot of people bothering me. on days 55 degrees and up the park is loaded and there are an average of 300-700 people at the park. Most of which are moms or moms and dads running around with their little kids losing rings and a LOT of change and jewelery.
I have not been to the park in three or four weeks so figure the estimates. An average of five hundred people every day, 7 days a week, for four weeks. That is 1400 people dropping change, rings, and jewelery.
To add to this the park is a woodchip playground so finds get hidden fast and there is a large soccer field which I see plenty of people playing on and lots of epople throwing frisbees for their dogs. The places to hunt are just too numerous to count.
I am about one of 30-35 people that I know about that live in this town that do metal detecting.

When we started metal detecting we used to go to this park that had a big field. In the summer people would play frisbee, golf, lay on the sun and such.
We managed to find several gold and silver rings, yes we also found lots of junk but it comes with the territory.

You may want to give that area a try. You may have a good spot there.

No doubt there will be a lot of trash but I am willing to get my hands dirty for a few rings. Rings are awsome and can't wait to find more.

I found this ring about two inches deep where perents sit to watch there kids at soccer practice. It is an amathyst stone with .10 carats of diamonds.
I found the two rings and the chain all in a very large woodchip playground near my counseling appointment. The heart is all diamonds weighing at about 1 carat, and the chain is 18k gold and valued at 750 dollars.

...................Can I Have It..............................:cool:

Please

please don't mind I'm gonna borrow that pic for a post in the hacked forum...see if I can redirect people back to here...so its for a good cause.

Are you sure that's an amethyst? Those are my birthstone and they are light to medium purple. The pic looks dark blue...is it just a weird angle of pic?

Awesome find regardless!

Are you sure that's an amethyst? Those are my birthstone and they are light to medium purple. The pic looks dark blue...is it just a weird angle of pic?

Awesome find regardless!

From the pic, it looks to be a sapphire.

It's stunning, no doubt about it! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom