eye popping to me

IdxProNewbie

Found an 1892 indian head and a King George 11 172?? while detecting in the woods on my lunch break!!!! I'm sorry about the pic quality...I will try and get better pics soon!!!

Attachments

• PICT0015.jpg
    PICT0015.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 977
  • PICT0016.jpg
    PICT0016.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 981
  • PICT0017.jpg
    PICT0017.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 981
  • PICT0018.jpg
    PICT0018.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 983
Nice!, Always nice to handle something that old.

I'ts pretty hard to tell from those pictures, but is that a hibernia or brittania on the reverse? I found a Hibernia (Ireland) George II half pence last january, the dates worn off though sadly.

I loves those old Indians. Couldn't even imagine digging a King George around here. Great place you have there.

Thanx Guys

Yes it is Britania. I'm having a little trouble getting good pics of my finds showing better detail. I'm going to pickup a new samsung dig camera with a good macro feature and retake soon. Went back out to the old stone wall yesterday and got nothing!!! I couldn't believe I found those two within 20 min of walking along the stone wall. These stone walls in Massachusetts run for miles through woods intersecting each other in every direction. These two were found in an area where the stone walls intersect making a roughly 100' x 100' lot. On the east side wall there is a car width opening and a smaller opening on the north wall. I assume this mayhave been a farmers field in the day? I found both coins near the larger opening. Raedy for the coolest part?? I wasn't using the Idx.....it was the Fisher F2!!! I'd like to point this out with the F2, as the target gets further from the coil, the tone and id change and eventually start bouncing before dropping out completely. When I get a low iron tone and the display reads max depth, I take off a few inches of soil and swing again. If the tone gets higher, I know it isn't iron. Both of these were found using this simple test. HH...and thanx!!!

All that matters is if it is mind blowing to you. That's the fun. I found a euro coin at a tot lot and I could have wet myself :D ! Your find is so much more awesome! Keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom