• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nobody from Panama?? (the country)

Yann Panama

is there no prospector in Panama???
please if someone own a metal detector and need a hunting budy contact me quickly i began thinking there's no place tu search here....
Yann

Detecting in Panama

You should have lots of good prospects in Panama. You have had the Spanish there and several civil wars in the early 1800's, the US intervened in your countries affairs like it did in other countries in Central and South America, and like they still do, so you should be able to research records, accounts, military records and the like, and come up with some good sites. DO some serious research at the university.

Look up Roberto Acuna in Panama City. I believe he still lives there. Try to get him interested in detecting. You have beaches on both sides of the country, so you practically live in metal detector heaven.

Good luck to you!

I'm pretty sure Panama used to make their coins out of silver as well. And silver is $40 an ounce, making all those coins pretty valuable.

panama

I lived at ft davis from 72-78. loved it. Lots of places all along the french canal near ft sherman. also probed for bottles and had several great finds. of course I sold all of it before coming back to conus. Stay close to any of the canals and locks and you cant go wrong. The french, us, and panamanians have been along them losing stuff since 1904. Not to mention the treasures that Balboa lost during his battles.

Panama

I regularly metal detect in Panama. Send me a PM if you want to compare notes and go hunting someday.

Camino De Las Cruces

I'm wondering if you have hunted the Camino De Las Cruces yet? If you have, then any luck? I live in Santiago and have been dreaming of doing this for a few years now, though I honestly haven't purchased a detector yet. It's just one of those things I'm interested in.:?:

I am in Panama during the winters, in Ft Sherman near Colon. I used the F2 on a couple of beaches there and can confirm they are very clean now as I cleared it from all trash and that was all there was to find :)

Panama

Panama has an incredible history and there are endless possible sites for exploration.

Back
Top Bottom