Gold Rush: Alaska Tv show..

CoiltoSoil

Elite Member
Does anyone else have the feeling that these guys are not going to find crap? The old guy across the river who's been doing it for years spent $250K and 2 years to hit the big gold, these guys have 3 months and not even a fraction of the $$$, not to mention none of them seem to know anything about gold mining. And are they really that worried about bears? 45 guns and 150 boxes of ammo? I would rather deal with bears that the locals here, 400 people where murdered within a shirt drive of my house last year (many more than that if I include other counties), how many people died from bears in the entire state of Alaska? 0. I would worry less about bears and more about making some income. I mean 19? fatal bear attacks in the entire country in over a decade, none this year in Alaska but they hype it up so much that you would think its a daily occurrence.

It's just another lame "reality" show that, as usual, is FAR from reality. TV programming is so lame and lazy anymore it's disgusting.

They've got to find some way to fill all that worthless airtime since they can't fill it with actually doing anything worth while.
It's funny you brought this up because I have accidentally flipped to the show twice briefly and both times they were talking about bears getting into camp and sticking their finger in fresh bear **** or something.

The only thing about this show that interest me is the old guy John on the other claim, he's 90, seems like a nice guys, and is supposedly one of the best and most successful ever, and it looks like he still works his @$$ off at 90. I wish they would say how much he's found they only say he is very rich from his mining.

I personally think someones gonna get seriously hurt, but I am sitting here watching it.. very unorganized they are, but still a dream I have always wanted to do.. so I guess this show will all the screw ups that these folks seem to be doing. I cant believe the one fellow with the boys was sleeping in a tent, Ya kidding me here.. course he finally built a semi house type.. so we shall see. but heck if I would let my little kids go up there. no way.

Sarah Palin will show up in a bear suit as the momma grizzlie in the shows finale and they will all club her to death..........................

Not political, but I can't tolerate the Palin Alaska thing..Not good.. After watching one episode... I'd pay to see a bear maul the whole phony family! Looks like an old navy commercial mixed with a hunting show. Who goes into the woods looking like that...really!!! I actually have enjoyed the Gold Rush show... I agree, it will be a miracle if someone doesn't get hurt... That old man is gonna crush someone.

Last edited:
Yeah Palin and her fame greedy family need to walk off into the sunset, she reminds me of Kate Gosslin but her show is even worse.

No reality show is real. I have posted this before. I know two different people who were involved in these things, both said it was totally staged and far from reality. I have no idea why people watch these shows. RickO

I got a rare chance to watch some TV this past week when my mom was in the hospital. History Channel, Discovery, Military Channel, etc.. The shows were OK but those loooong commercials were killers and always for the same companies (AARP, HUMANA, etc).

Dusty

well it appears someone is going to get seriously hurt in the up coming episode.. seems rather like these guys are really toally unorganized doesn't it.. if you think about this adventure, wouldnt you want to learn everything that you would need to know to do this adventure, like all the heavy equiptment and everything else.. seens kinda like they really didnt do their homework, and some of the group members are gonna end up in a huge fist fight doesn't it?

Yeah in the preview for the last 7 episodes of the show it had clips of someone being taken away in an ambulance and a fist fight breaking out. These guys are only in Alaska for 3 months, they are only a fraction of the way done and already control is breaking down.

I can't for the life of me understand why they would now be bringing up their whole families.. are they nuts? with all these little kids... sheez, doesnt sound like a smart move to me at all.

I bet you find out that just the money they make from being on the show is why there all there. The gold is just money on top for them they most likely will find some gold but it will be planted small amounts all the way till the end when they find the mother load but the real motivation is the money from the TV show .

I used to live in Alaska so it interests me from that perspective. But I agree that the hype just smacks of Holy-Wood.

The old dude on the next claim makes me want to go work with him just to get to know him. People like that are the real treasure on show like this.

It'll run a while, run it's course like shows do. Most of the characters are boneheads, so from that perspective there will be plenty of people to bond with them in these initial three pilots and give Discovery a few more episodes :yes:

Families are there to boost ratings with the women of course.

I used to live in Alaska so it interests me from that perspective. But I agree that the hype just smacks of Holy-Wood.

The old dude on the next claim makes me want to go work with him just to get to know him. People like that are the real treasure on show like this.

It'll run a while, run it's course like shows do. Most of the characters are boneheads, so from that perspective there will be plenty of people to bond with them in these initial three pilots and give Discovery a few more episodes :yes:

Families are there to boost ratings with the women of course.

Only one of the woman look capable enough to boost ratings! haha But I hope we see a lot more of the old guy on the next claim and hear some of his stories. The guy's 90, living on a claim by himself, walking around with pockets full of gold, and still out working on his machines and claim. I wouldn't be surprised of Discovery channel did a show on him after all this is done that is assuming he would want to be on one. At first I was expecting him to be hostile to the new guys but he seems really friendly so far.

The last time I was in Alaska I read that in the previous 20 years more people had been killed by dogs than by bears. There wa one couple wilderness camping in the Brooks range and then, of course, the infamous Timothy Treadwell and his girlfriend. Interesting to note he wasn't attacked until he had a woman with him. Alaskans do make a bid deal about bears, tho, especially grizzlies. Just look at the covers of their promotional magazines...grizzlies everywhere. And the airport...2 life-sized stuffed grizzlies complete with photos of the hunters that killed them.

I would advise avoiding reality shows, because the reality is...they are not real, if shows had an I.Q. these types of shows would need special care :lol:, and yes they will make their money from the discovery of an reality show, not gold. I have been mining for years, wish it was as easy as, " I'm gonna go to Alaska and get rich off all that gold" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean no offense, just my silly opinion

I grew up in Alaska.. I think the show is pretty interesting and I like watching it. Sure they are all a buncha knuckle heads but hey its fun to watch... And yes, the Sarin Palin's Alaska show is an absolute disgrace.. I feel sick to my stomach watching it.

And whoever said I wouldn't be that worried about bears, you obviously haven't spent much time in Alaska. Bears are a big deal, just because the death count isn't high doesn't mean they arent something to constantly be aware of.

Back
Top Bottom