Fairgrounds + Country club + Ghost town = Barberiffic!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
I was kinda busy these last two weeks, but I was able to hit the fairgrounds again for two more silver coins (1964D quarter & 1964D dime), making the silver coin count there at 11. I also found a beat up piece of native jewelry, and 3 wheaties. They once held powwows in this area of the fairgrounds, but moved the location downtown next to a Buffalo Bill historic site years ago.

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0987.JPG

At first I thought the 64 dime was clad since it was scratched up and nearly a surface find, but checking it out later I saw that it was silver.

Last evening I went back to the old country club, and dug up a 1914D Barber, 1950D rosie, and a 1931D wheat. The Barber was around 6" down, the rosie about 4", but the wheat was a good 9" deep. I turned down the recovery speed on the 800 to 4 which really brought out some deep signals this time.

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

This morning several of us drove over to a ghost town north of us that was founded in 1911. Coal was the driving force there, but the mine closed in the 1940s with the last residents leaving in the mid 70s. I found some modern clad there, but the neat items were a bent 1955 50th anniversary token for 25 cents in merchandise from the local Stevens and Frybergers store, and the two parts to a child's tractor toy. It must have been big.

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Great hints, love the silver... it’s to dry here to dig. It’s been probably 3-4 weeks since it rained [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice finds. Had that same depth issue last week. Found a 64 dime at 4 inches. About 10 feet away I got a good deep signal, but when I dug it up it was a 78 penny at 9 to 10 inches. Blew my mind.

Congrats on some great hunting Tommy!!! I love the Barber.......I can't get on top of a Barber anything to save my life!!!!

Some very nice digging Tommy. Congrats on the Silver's and all the rest. Trapper

Thanks, Trapper

All wonderful finds...congrats!

Thank you

Nice finds. Had that same depth issue last week. Found a 64 dime at 4 inches. About 10 feet away I got a good deep signal, but when I dug it up it was a 78 penny at 9 to 10 inches. Blew my mind.

Thank you. I scraped up a 1945 wheat there last night that was less than an inch deep, and later dug a clad quarter that was about 5" down. Its mind boggling sometimes.

Nice silver score Tom, looks like an excellent outing. I love the grill. HH Mark

Thank you, Mark

Wow, nice finds...love the silver. Congrats!

Thanks Salt

Congrats on some great hunting Tommy!!! I love the Barber.......I can't get on top of a Barber anything to save my life!!!!

Thank you. Barbers have been a bucket lister of mine for years, then 5 within the last year and a half. Some old virgin dirt here and there in my parts helps.

Congrats on the barber and others. I like that toy truck grill. That's pretty neat.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom