Iron and the ACE250??

bullofspadez

Lately I have been trying to get out away from the TotLots and have noticed that My ACE tends to get a lot of hits and then bounce to the Iron icon. Not that i don't think it is telling the truth sense i did dig a target that kept going from coin to iron...ended up being an rusted disk of steel about 2.5 inches in Diameter. It was pinpointing at 4-6" but i swear it was 9-12". My question is that do most targets start off looking like coins to the ACE and then it decides if its something different after a second...what do any of you do in this situation...any coins come out of a suspect iron hit??

thanks for the feedback, Jay

Mine does the same thing. It will beep on gold/bronze (its favorite for the first beep) or maybe around the silver and then will move to the iron just like your talking about. I started ignoring those beeps. The pin pointing feature on the 250 i've decided is a feature that deffiantly takes some understanding and much practice to begin to master and understand. (Me I'm far from that right now :grin:)

96cummins

Most often one of two possibilities.
Either there is a coin by some iron, or there is some iron with a halo immitating a coin.
Often times I'll dig a good coin signal, only to uneather some rusted spike or nut.
Other times I have, in fact, unearthed coins in close proximity with iron.
Just one of those things that makes the hobby challenging, and I'm not so sure any other detector would deal with these scenarios with much better success.

In a lot of machines it does take the unit to read the trash targets. Thats why you have to give a lot of machines a second or two in real iron trash areas to get a true reading. Anytime my machine bounces even once to the iron zone on the meter I keep walking.

bullofspadez said:
Lately I have been trying to get out away from the TotLots and have noticed that My ACE tends to get a lot of hits and then bounce to the Iron icon.  Not that i don't think it is telling the truth sense i did dig a target that kept going from coin to iron...ended up being an rusted disk of steel about 2.5 inches in Diameter.  It was pinpointing at 4-6" but i swear it was 9-12".  My question is that do most targets start off looking like coins to the ACE and then it decides if its something different after a second...what do any of you do in this situation...any coins come out of a suspect iron hit??

Iron really plays games with the ACE250. I have dug iron that gave a positive dime signal over and over. My experience has been that when you get a signal that goes from silver to iron/foil it is usually junk. There is one exception (always an exception...) If the silver or "high" tone continually jumps to the same coin slot, say a dime, there is a good chance that a good target is next to a piece of trash. LC

Back
Top Bottom