Fisher F2 depth indicator question

Thanks, thanks and thanks!

No problems. Learn allot from your post.. Everyone wants to say I have a beginners detector but I have learned allot and I go detecting everyday. I just think you can take a high dollar detector with a guy that doesn't know it's language and a guy with a CHEAP detector who has spent time learning it, he will find more quality targets. I know what the F2 does on trashy targets. I dont really care what other people say. Keep posting we'll keep reading.

I never used an F2 but I have owned 3 of the CZ7 series and can say I'd much rather have a CZ quick silver. They were super deep, fast, and so good they still make them in form of the CZ21 and CZ3d. Its a $1000 machine vs. a $200. :D

I have a CZ-6a and bought it used for a little over $200. I could have bought another F2 for that.

No problems. Learn allot from your post.. Everyone wants to say I have a beginners detector but I have learned allot and I go detecting everyday. I just think you can take a high dollar detector with a guy that doesn't know it's language and a guy with a CHEAP detector who has spent time learning it, he will find more quality targets. I know what the F2 does on trashy targets. I dont really care what other people say. Keep posting we'll keep reading.

:lol: Thanks, I will.
I actually do have proof that this does work, I have seen it on thousands of targets good and bad that I have dug since I actually started to look at and notice what the depth bars were doing sometime back in 2012.
I can easily show this to anyone that cares to walk next to me when I hunt with the F2, and I even have a 13 minute video I made in early 2013 where I swing over and dig up several targets both trash and coins, called just about every target for what it was before I dug it, and that also shows exactly what I am talking about and proves my point about good targets not jumping on the depth bars but it was taken with my camera phone on low res show it is not easy to see what the screen is doing very well so I am sure it would be picked apart.
Even though the Capt. stated some behavior that he noticed about the Omega that is not in any manual, and what I stated before about getting much more out of the Propointer than the manual states or hunting with a Tesoro in different ways that seems much more accurate than anything written down in a manual or official website, some will never believe this stuff no matter what or how many say they have seen the same behavior and effects.
I am pretty sure there are all kinds of small little things like this that can be noticed and observed using many detectors of many other brands, but these things that could be helpful to know for many are never written down in any official capacity anywhere for whatever reason so it would take a leap of faith to even attempt to try them for some.

Who knows, maybe it won't work using every F2 or in all different types of soil, but I will say again and for the last time that it truly does "work for me".
I wouldn't have mentioned it if it didn't...ever, and I only mentioned it because it has helped me dig less trash than I used to and way more targets and better quality targets when I discovered and noticed this behavior using my F2 and hoped it would for others if they knew about it and it seems that I am not that crazy...several others have.
If people want to believe, fine...if they don't, also fine.
That word misinformation could be looked at from a different angle and in a different way experience-wise instead as keen insight or observation, but everyone does have different experiences or might interpret the same experiences in different ways so there will probably never be 100% agreement on anything, in this hobby or outside in the real world.

Maybe one day I will pull out the F2 and use my GoPro to do a video on this effect that I see when I hunt, but that is not at the top of my list of important things to do right now as my life has changed a bit recently and I just don't have as much time to hunt as I used to so when I do get a chance I would rather put in more time learning the F70.
Maybe one day I will make that clearer vid with the F2, but others negative opinion of me and how I do things in this hobby that don't agree with my opinions or the observations I attempt to pass on don't affect me in the least so not really on my to-do list for the foreseeable future.

:lol: Thanks, I will.
I actually do have proof that this does work, I have seen it on thousands of targets good and bad that I have dug since I actually started to look at and notice what the depth bars were doing sometime back in 2012.
I can easily show this to anyone that cares to walk next to me when I hunt with the F2, and I even have a 13 minute video I made in early 2013 where I swing over and dig up several targets both trash and coins, called just about every target for what it was before I dug it, and that also shows exactly what I am talking about and proves my point about good targets not jumping on the depth bars but it was taken with my camera phone on low res show it is not easy to see what the screen is doing very well so I am sure it would be picked apart.
Even though the Capt. stated some behaviyor that he noticed about the Omega that is not in any manual, and what I stated before about getting much more out of the Propointer than the manual states or hunting with a Tesoro in different ways that seems much more accurate than anything written down in a manual or official website, some will never believe this stuff no matter what or how many say they have seen the same behavior and effects.
I am pretty sure there are all kinds of small little things like this that can be noticed and observed using many detectors of many other brands, but these things that could be helpful to know for many are never written down in any official capacity anywhere for whatever reason so it would take a leap of faith to even attempt to try them for some.

Who knows, maybe it won't work using every F2 or in all different types of soil, but I will say again and for the last time that it truly does "work for me".
I wouldn't have mentioned it if it didn't...ever, and I only mentioned it because it has helped me dig less trash than I used to and way more targets and better quality targets when I discovered and noticed this behavior using my F2 and hoped it would for others if they knew about it and it seems that I am not that crazy...several others have.
If people want to believe, fine...if they don't, also fine.
That word misinformation could be looked at from a different angle and in a different way experience-wise instead as keen insight or observation, but everyone does have different experiences or might interpret the same experiences in different ways so there will probably never be 100% agreement on anything, in this hobby or outside in the real world.

Maybe one day I will pull out the F2 and use my GoPro to do a video on this effect that I see when I hunt, but that is not at the top of my list of important things to do right now as my life has changed a bit recently and I just don't have as much time to hunt as I used to so when I do get a chance I would rather put in more time learning the F70.
Maybe one day I will make that clearer vid with the F2, but others negative opinion of me and how I do things in this hobby that don't agree with my opinions or the observations I attempt to pass on don't affect me in the least so not really on my to-do list for the foreseeable future.

LOL you can keep calling a square a circle any way you want to say it but it doesn't make it true!

Your coil not only hits straight down but also around the edges....multiple targets close by will make depth meter jump...

Listen...you're grasping at straws and losing credibility along the way by arguing noneense man. Are you that full of yourself that you think everything you say abt the F2 is fact?

You are wrong no two ways about it! Just admit the DEPTH bar has nothing to do with a target being good or bad. You are teaching them wrong in an effort to sav3 face.

You are wrong no two ways about it! Just admit the DEPTH bar has nothing to do with a target being good or bad. You are teaching them wrong in an effort to sav3 face.

:lol:

Sorry, never going to happen!
I have no reason to save face, people attacking me for my beliefs just rolls off my back like water off a duck.
I am very secure in the truth of the observations and behavior I have seen thousands of times, I don't care that some don't believe what I say or what I have seen, the depth bar DOES have something to do with targets indicating whether they are good or bad on my F2, and if you don't want to believe that, so what?
Like it really matters to me in the slightest.

I will talk about this as many times as I feel like it and alert other F2 users to this effect whenever I darn well please if I think it will help them find more and better treasure and dig less trash while doing it.

If you think none of this is true or real use it to your advantage.
Just find an F2 user that hunts this way and follow behind them picking up the millions of targets you will believe they miss doing it this way.

It's your lucky day Digger, I just did a video testing your theories, you'll love the results!

Since you couldn't be bothered to prove what you say, I figured I'd prove what I say.... Video coming!

Tired of talking.....

It's your lucky day Digger, I just did a video testing your theories, you'll love the results!

Since you couldn't be bothered to prove what you say, I figured I'd prove what I say.... Video coming!

Tired of talking.....

Great...I need a good laugh...or a good lesson and spanking.
I doubt you would use the F2 in exactly the way I do but who knows...maybe you do and I am always open to new experiences so bring it on.

JX87erR.jpg

I think you three need this

You lost me..

:lol: Me, I would say anything to anyone in person. 6'7 265 lbs hold rankings in Yoshukai karate and Jikishinkage ryu.. but really I am nice guy... I understand everyone has their opinions... HH

I head somewhere "the bigger they are, the harder they fall".

I think you need to relax. And I'd say it to your face.

The only thing I use those depth bars for is to judge trash.
If they jump too much usually trash.

if you still get real jumpy numbers, (my rule is more than 2), AND those depth bars jump also this has been trash for me about 99.9999% of the time.

Actually, more like 100% of the time...and I have dug thousands upon thousands of targets learning this.

MYTH #1 Fisher F2 Jumpy Depth Bar AND Jumpy Target ID numbers

(Point made in this video: A junk target near a good target will cause both depth and ID numbers to jump...does not mean it is junk and you can pass it up!)

MYTH #2 Fisher F2 Jumpy Target ID numbers - Jumpy Depth Bar = junk 99.999% of the time

(Point made in this video: Target ID numbers can jump many notches, that does not mean it is junk and you can pass it up! Listen to the TONES, ID numbers jumping will lie to you!)

MYTH #3 Fisher F2 Jumpy Target numbers ID = junk 99.999% of the time

(Point made in this video: Target ID numbers can jump many target notches even when there is only one target in the hole, that does not mean it is junk and you can pass it up! Listen to the TONES, ID numbers jumping around will lie to you!)

MYTH #4 Fisher F2 Jumpy Target numbers AND Jumpy Depth bar = junk 99.999% of the time

(Point made in this video: A junk target near a good target will cause both depth and ID numbers to jump...does not mean it is junk and you can pass it up!)

Now, I am not the best at math, but 99.999% of the time to 100% of the time trash as stated by digger?

Ummm, I think in just 4 videos I was able to show that 99.999% or 100% of the time good targets can show up as bad targets with either other targets close by OR with targets being the ONLY target in the hole.

So either these FOUR videos shot in a row just happened to fall into the .001% of the time, 4 times in a row... or your numbers are grossley inflated digger!

Still want to stick with your theories? LOL

The only thing I use those depth bars for is to judge trash.
If they jump too much usually trash.

if you still get real jumpy numbers, (my rule is more than 2), AND those depth bars jump also this has been trash for me about 99.9999% of the time.

Actually, more like 100% of the time...and I have dug thousands upon thousands of targets learning this.

Until you dig the target you don't know if it is trash or not, no matter how many thousands of targets you've dug! No one can tell a new member that 99.999% of the time if the depth bar and numbers jumo that the target is trash, more like 100% of the time!

I wasn't even going to respond since I told you days ago in this post that I was done with the conversation, but you had to dig it back up so you could argue some more....

You lost me..

:lol: Me, I would say anything to anyone in person. 6'7 265 lbs hold rankings in Yoshukai karate and Jikishinkage ryu.. but really I am nice guy... I understand everyone has their opinions... HH

10 ft tall and bullet proof huh? Drink another one tough guy.. did you have anything to add to the discussion or did you just want to go out of your way to tell us how fat you are? Cmon man, give it a rest you didn't impress anyone...

Done talking about it, seeing is believing, talk is cheap!

Bad Targets near a Good Target can cause numbers to jump, doesn't mean that good target is bad.

Targets that are large can cause the numbers to jump more than two number, doesn't make it a junk target!

Enough said, I'm out , argue with the results all you want, they are still facts.

Talk til you're blue in the face, I wont be back to this thread since I put video up, I let them talk for themselves.

Your theories are wrong, shown 4 times in a row, all were good targets, some had bad targets near them. Had I left them in the ground, I would have missed out on 4 good targets including a gold ring, a silver ring, a silver dime, and a half dollar.

I'll stick with my theories!

Enough said.......I'm outttttttttttttttttttttttt

Enough said, I'm out , argue with the results all you want, they are still facts.

Talk til you're blue in the face, I wont be back to this thread since I put video up, I let them talk for themselves.

Your theories are wrong, shown 4 times in a row, all were good targets, some had bad targets near them. Had I left them in the ground, I would have missed out on 4 good targets including a gold ring, a silver ring, a silver dime, and a half dollar.

I'll stick with my theories!

Enough said.......I'm outttttttttttttttttttttttt

COME BACK SHANE....COME BACK!

shane.jpg

Looks like you put in some kind of effort into these vids and thanks for that, but this is the first chance I have had to see them and I can't here or on youtube's site.
Did you take them down for some reason, they all say removed by user?

Please put them back up because I am curious to see what you did.

Evidently you buried 4 different objects to do this.
Actually, I have no idea how that will affect my theories, all targets I have talked about were always buried in the wild where the ground matrix was never disturbed.
Tests like these have their place, but I am not sure it would be the perfect laboratory to test these particular theories.
I am not in the habit of going hunting, getting to a site, burying objects and then digging them up again.
If you care to go to a real site and record acquiring and digging targets and the F2 behavior in the same situations that would be more reliable data, I would think.

I guess I will just have to break down, put some batteries back in the F2 and fire up the GoPro, find a real site and just show you what I am talking about when I get a chance, and try to get a good sampling of about 50-100 targets good and bad in all these different situations and keep track and a record of how each one behaved.
Still pretty sure my theories will prove out, but we will see.
Till then, I will still stick to my theories, too.

Sorry I seemed to have gotten so under your skin with this stuff, but it is still a hobby and still should be done anyway each particular hunter believes he is doing it to make it the most fun possible for themselves no matter which way they think is best or what they believe.
Even if their methods and theories differ from others.

Sorry I seemed to have gotten so under your skin with this stuff, but it is still a hobby and still should be done anyway each particular hunter believes he is doing it to make it the most fun possible for themselves no matter which way they think is best or what they believe.
Even if their methods and theories differ from others.

Great point! We are each entitled to our opinions, does not make one right and one wrong. Just go out and have fun!!! :detector::mder::fall-leaves::run1::cool12:

Back
Top Bottom