Fischer CZ-6 ?

nspctr1

I picked up a used CZ at a garage sale today. I have a Garrett which has been a great machine but couldn't pass this one up for 50 bux w Fischer headphones. I got it home, put in new batteries and went to work. First thing I noticed is there is no volume on the rig except for using headphones. Then, the item identification and depth are off. I read the CZ5 manual I found online and made all the adjustments but nothing changed. I searched in the backyard and it showed a dime at 2" deep. I dug abt 6" and found a old 7 up can. Is this thing toast or am I missing some adjustments on it?

Thx

Kevin

I picked up a used CZ at a garage sale today. I have a Garrett which has been a great machine but couldn't pass this one up for 50 bux w Fischer headphones. I got it home, put in new batteries and went to work. First thing I noticed is there is no volume on the rig except for using headphones. Then, the item identification and depth are off. I read the CZ5 manual I found online and made all the adjustments but nothing changed. I searched in the backyard and it showed a dime at 2" deep. I dug abt 6" and found a old 7 up can. Is this thing toast or am I missing some adjustments on it?

Thx

Kevin
On some of the CZ-6's you need to use a special headphone hook-up pigtail as they took a different headphone connection and have no internal speaker.

CZ5 was; analog, NOT rain/splash/dustproof.... had external speaker.

CZ6 was; analog, rainproof/splashproof/dustproof... no external speaker.

Tthe original 6 had a molded plug that mated with the control box and also had a pigtail that came out of the opening for the headphones..You can tell if a 6 has been changed to a 6A as the plug is not molded and the pigtail removed and replaced with a black rubber headphone connect...Seems like they had problems with the molded plug and that's why the 6A emerged.

"The manual for the CZ6 is the the same as the CZ5 manual.

I searched in the backyard and it showed a dime at 2" deep. I dug abt 6" and found a old 7 up can. Is this thing toast or am I missing some adjustments on it?

Most machines base depth on a coin sized target. So, a larger target will seem to the machine to be not as deep. It's working as designed.

I mean, um, it's broken and I'll take it off your hands for parts.

Thx for the responses. I finally took it out last wknd and hit a few playgrounds. The first one was blank, the rest turned out fair as I was learning how the detector sounds and reacts as it pinpoints a target. It does pull interference from around swing sets so as I was scanning thru I would move the swing out of the way and scan the area. I ended up with a couple bux in change and a silver heart shaped medallion.
I got the rig for 50 bux along with a cheapo radio shack unit and a box with 3 sets of head phones, one is a Fischer brand, the other 2 are radio shack. Not familiar with Fischers but sounds like I did pretty good.
I've been detecting for a few years w/ my garrett and still on the search for some old coins. I've found bullets, a button from a military jacket, a platinum ring and lots of new clad.

Thx

NSPCTR1:

The CZ6 uses analog, instead of digital, technology. Nothing wrong with it, but the analog has to be calibrated at the factory within an acceptable range or tolerance. The tighter the tolerance, the more accurate it will ID targets and their depth, as well as achieve increased levels of overall depth.

The unofficial master of tuning is Tom Dankowski, aka Nasa Tom. He is a former Fisher employee, that tunes (re-calibrates) analog Fisher Machines for optimal performance. Its without saying that Nasa-Tom tuned machines always sell for a premium and you might want to consider sending your machine to him...even if you want to just flip it. Last time I checked, he charges about $100 to tune and return ship the machine. It receives a full report, Dankowski serial number, and is then logged in his registry of tuned machines.

To be honest, the machine is a dual frequency and will work on salt water beaches (not submerged) unlike single frequency detectors. So it does have a niche. Otherwise if your not planning on keeping it, I'd also be interested in buying/trading for your machine (Koz is on the list first).

-David

NSPCTR1:

The CZ6 uses analog, instead of digital, technology. Nothing wrong with it, but the analog has to be calibrated at the factory within an acceptable range or tolerance. The tighter the tolerance, the more accurate it will ID targets and their depth, as well as achieve increased levels of overall depth.

The unofficial master of tuning is Tom Dankowski, aka Nasa Tom. He is a former Fisher employee, that tunes (re-calibrates) analog Fisher Machines for optimal performance. Its without saying that Nasa-Tom tuned machines always sell for a premium and you might want to consider sending your machine to him...even if you want to just flip it. Last time I checked, he charges about $100 to tune and return ship the machine. It receives a full report, Dankowski serial number, and is then logged in his registry of tuned machines.

To be honest, the machine is a dual frequency and will work on salt water beaches (not submerged) unlike single frequency detectors. So it does have a niche. Otherwise if your not planning on keeping it, I'd also be interested in buying/trading for your machine (Koz is on the list first).

-David

Awesome buy for $50, I love CZ's, like Dnd said, it's well worth a tune, considering for $150 or so you will have a perfectly tuned CZ6 that you could double money with should you sell it.

I have a CZ 7a Pro. My MD is a digital brother to your MD. Don't sell it. Those older fishers are great MD!! Really I have made some awesome deep finds with my CZ! Its not the fasted MD but she will go deep and will work in the salt wt sand!

I only just recently down graded my CZ as back up to my new friend Whites VX3.

HH Koz

I considered having the rig tuned from Tom seeing as he is local and comes well recommended from several members. I contacted him via email and he responded. Not sure if I hit him on an off day but I will say my first impression is I'm not very impressed.

Back
Top Bottom