• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

It Finally Happened to Me.

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
VERY frustrated. As all of you know I have contests and I also sell on here. On the 26th of May I sent out 5 packages thru USPS. Four to people that won contests and ONE to the person that bought my 53.00 in silver coins for 700.00.

Well everyone got their packages EXCEPT, you guessed it. The member on here that bought the coins.

For those that don't believe in me, in which I know there are a few. Here is the tracking number:

The package got stuck in Allen Park Michigan and never moved. Of course I didn't get insurance on it except for the 50.00 they give you free. I have never had a problem sending silver or gold till now.

So now I am out 700.00 plus the 53.00 in silver which absolutely STINKS.

Just warning everyone. I can afford to lose this kind of money except it doesn't sit well with me at all. Somebody at the post office either lost it or is 700.00 richer. The member here believes in me and didn't want his money back right away. In a few more days I will get to file a claim for 50.00 and I was able to file a trace on it today. Just be careful everyone, especially if you can't afford to lose that kind of cold hard cash.

What REALLY STINKS on top of this. He lives 110 miles away. I could have easily drove it to him instead of relying on the USPS. Afterthought is great sometimes. NOT

I live about an hour South of Allen Park. Do you want me to go up there with my cousin Vinny and bust some kneecaps?

In all seriousness, I apologize for the situation.

That's is definitely a bummer, hope they can trace what happened.

Maybe in the future when you send coins add a couple lead fishing weights and put a sticker on the outside noting fishing weights enclosed, maybe that might reduce the temptation for anyone to take it along the way.

Sorry to hear about problem, same day as I sent my money out for my "new to me" ATP. :(

You could look at it this way, maybe it didn't end up at someone's home but in a dumpster with the rest of the mail that needed to be delivered. So someday in the future some MDer will find it thinking he has found a huge coin spill and he'll post it up here on FDM, long after we're all gone. Think of how happy you will have made him. :D

Hopefully it's just misplaced somewhere. My wife had ordered something through USPS last year that was shipping from CA. Tracked that thing up and down the west coast for about 3 weeks after filing a claim search for it. It did finally make out about 3 weeks later but got here in once piece eventually. Hopefully all will be good on your side as well. Hopefully just human error and not a thief.

It stlll may get there. I've had two experiences where the tracking said it was at a stop along the route and both times it finally got there. One of the times it was a small lithium motorcycle battery that I bought from a vendor. Should have been at my house in two days. After the 5th day I called them and they checked with their post office and said there was nothing to be done, so they sent me out another one. Got it in two days then the lost one showed up a couple of days later. I ended up buying that one two as I had two motorcycles that used the same type of battery. The package apparently got misplaced at the last tracking stop.

The other time was when I sent a money order for $500 for an airgun I was buying. The guy I sent it to said it never got there after 4 or 5 days. I my post office and they tracked to a post office in the guy's state. The lady told me to give it a few more days and sure enough it turned up and got there. Both were priority mail.

Give it a few days and see what happens. Hopefully it just got misplaced.

VERY frustrated. As all of you know I have contests and I also sell on here. On the 26th of May I sent out 5 packages thru USPS.
Oh, the other reason it didn't get there is you sent them out in the future...it's only the 11th of may:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist...hope it turns up for you.

Oh, the other reason it didn't get there is you sent them out in the future...it's only the 11th of may:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist...hope it turns up for you.

LOL good one!! Yes it went out the 36th of April.

And yes I should have insured it but I didn't because I never insure my gold. Even if I did the post office would not pay out. It might be the same with silver, I have to check.

I have been sending gold for over 10 years.

Yes it has been 15 days and it still might arrive. I am hoping but I am not unrealistic.

That's is definitely a bummer, hope they can trace what happened.

Maybe in the future when you send coins add a couple lead fishing weights and put a sticker on the outside noting fishing weights enclosed, maybe that might reduce the temptation for anyone to take it along the way.

In Michigan, you are more likely to get your fishing weights stolen...:laughing:

VERY frustrated. As all of you know I have contests and I also sell on here. On the 26th of May I sent out 5 packages thru USPS. Four to people that won contests and ONE to the person that bought my 53.00 in silver coins for 700.00.

Well everyone got their packages EXCEPT, you guessed it. The member on here that bought the coins.

For those that don't believe in me, in which I know there are a few. Here is the tracking number:

The package got stuck in Allen Park Michigan and never moved. Of course I didn't get insurance on it except for the 50.00 they give you free. I have never had a problem sending silver or gold till now.

So now I am out 700.00 plus the 53.00 in silver which absolutely STINKS.

Just warning everyone. I can afford to lose this kind of money except it doesn't sit well with me at all. Somebody at the post office either lost it or is 700.00 richer. The member here believes in me and didn't want his money back right away. In a few more days I will get to file a claim for 50.00 and I was able to file a trace on it today. Just be careful everyone, especially if you can't afford to lose that kind of cold hard cash.

What REALLY STINKS on top of this. He lives 110 miles away. I could have easily drove it to him instead of relying on the USPS. Afterthought is great sometimes. NOT

Or always insure something valuable, thats what i do. I have had a package almost come then got sent to some odd place and never seen it.

It might turn up. I bought a lesche digger from a guy in Texas on the forum here a few years ago. I sent a money order. He was gracious enough to send the digger even before he received the money order. I received the digger in a few days, but hadn't received the money. I promised him I sent it out, he was nice enough that he wasn't worried to much.. I kept in contact with him, and about the time I was going to send him another MO , I got the letter I sent him in the mail. I had put his name and state on the envelope, but for some reason I put my street address. When I got it, i PM'd him and told him what happened. I sent him the unopened envelope in another envelope just to prove the dates sent and the post office stamps on the envelope.
But this was no 700 dollars. I hope it turns up for you, but it is frustrating. Good luck.

Yup hold out some hope it may get there yet. Fingers crossed man. I had a package mailed to me first class mail, took 24 days.... I was refunded the purchase price then suddenly the package came back on tracking radar and arrived.... I had to "return to sender" as I had meanwhile bought and received a differnt purchase of the same thing!

At least your package was sent. I bought a detector from a forum member and he never even sent it. I can't afford to buy another.

Last edited:
LOL good one!! Yes it went out the 36th of April.

And yes I should have insured it but I didn't because I never insure my gold. Even if I did the post office would not pay out. It might be the same with silver, I have to check.

I have been sending gold for over 10 years.

Yes it has been 15 days and it still might arrive. I am hoping but I am not unrealistic.

The 36th?? LOL Scuba, you are calendar challenged. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom