Equinox and Titanium

EdFerguson

So I was just contacted to help with a lost titanium ring, before I head out to hunt for it I was wondering if any of you know where titanium may ring up on the equinox so I have an idea what to listen for. I haven't found anything titanium with it yet so I'm not sure where it would fall on the VDI.

Any help would be appreciated!

So I was just contacted to help with a lost titanium ring, before I head out to hunt for it I was wondering if any of you know where titanium may ring up on the equinox so I have an idea what to listen for. I haven't found anything titanium with it yet so I'm not sure where it would fall on the VDI.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sure someone can get one from their junk pile and test the ID but here's a good video showing most of the ID's for rings. I imagine it would be somewhere around these same numbers but can't be sure without testing.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=260606&highlight=equinox+VID

On my water machines titanium rings come in as gold, nickels, sinkers, shotgun head stamps, platinum, and other targets. So I would think on an Equinox anywhere between 10 and 22.

IF the ring was recently lost, it should be on top. The Equinox loves to give double beeps on shallow targets. That might be your key.

Is this grass, or sand it is in?

I have at least 10 titanium rings on the porch and my Equinox is in the truck ready to go swimming today. If you still need numbers tonight I will play with my finds.

I searched for a while with no luck. Problem is that it is off the side of a road and the area is extremely trashy with aluminum, foil, iron, bottle caps, pull tabs, etc. in about 5 inches of grass, leafs, and vines. Can't move the coil more than two or three inches without it hitting on something. This one may be a lost cause.

I searched for a while with no luck. Problem is that it is off the side of a road and the area is extremely trashy with aluminum, foil, iron, bottle caps, pull tabs, etc. in about 5 inches of grass, leafs, and vines. Can't move the coil more than two or three inches without it hitting on something. This one may be a lost cause.

Good on you to try and help (guessing its someone else's ring). I don't think many :pirates: would go out of their way for Titanium ;)

Back
Top Bottom