New Guy, Shout Out to BigBoysHobbies.net

RF1

Been lurking for a while, but wanted to join and give a "thanks" to Bart at BigBoysHobbies.net. He was very helpful when I recently ungraded from an Ace 400 to an At Pro. Called and he gave me an excellent price, and quick shipping.

Took the At pro out once so far and I am liking the proportional audio. Machine seems more sensitive than the Ace 400, and more stable in the trashy site I used it at. Maybe the manual ground balance made it more stable in the trash than the Ace 400? Found a couple of wheaties and a few bullets hidden in an old chunk of wood.

If you are in the market to upgrade, give Bart a call!

Hope to have some nice finds to share!

You got a great machine ,the at pro does it all in my opinion.I know you probably read this,,but if you can get the 5x8,it’s just a great coil for sidewalks,trashy areas,and a breeze to swing.Congrats on your new rig.

I may pick up one of those smaller coils. I mainly hunt old home sites, and most of them are laden with trash.

Yes many people like to buy from Bart ! You are going to love the ATPro !

Welcome to the forum from Western NY

:fmdfwelcome:

Welcome from West Virginia!!!! Congrats on the ATP. Easy to learn and does great work....the 5X8 coil will make a big difference if you're hunting in those trashy areas....HH

I may pick up one of those smaller coils. I mainly hunt old home sites, and most of them are laden with trash.

Welcome aboard and yes, I second the 5x8 coil suggestion for trashy sites. Mine has been very helpful in those conditions. I’ve never put the stock coil back on since I got the 5x8.

Have fun!

Welcome to the forum from SoCal.
The ATP was my first detector and I found my first gold ring with it.
I second the addition of the awesome 5x8” Coil. Good luck!

I would like to try an AT Pro myself. I have read good reviews about it.

I am liking the ATP better than the Ace 400. The pro audio took a little getting used to, but now that I am figuring out what it is trying to tell me, I am liking it better than just the "bell" tone of the 400.

Back
Top Bottom