Biggest Tiger Trout I've Ever Caught.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
No metal detecting today, but check out this lunker!

Attachments

• 20191011_143739-800x379.jpg
    20191011_143739-800x379.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 542
  • 20191011_143746-800x379.jpg
    20191011_143746-800x379.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 540
Hey, nice fish, Tyler! :waytogo: How much did that weigh?

Thanks! I didn't have a scale with me, but I would guess it was at least 5 pounds, maybe more. It sure was fun to bring in. It was a real light hit on my jig. Set the hook just right!

Last edited:
Nice fish! My season is over due to surgeries, maybe get to ice fish. I've fished all my life and all over the usa but never heard of a tiger trout. Had to google it, good to know. Btw a man made lake is called a reservoir.

Oh hell! Compared to the 40lb+ West Michigan German Browns, That aint nothing but a fingerling or possibly bait!:laughing: they sell those damn things down at the baitstore for a dollar a dozen! The Walleye guys use them even!

That poor little guy could comfortably reside in a sardine can!

Fishing advice: Pop a Khale hook through the adipose fin area, toss him back out, let him swim around a little....maybe you could catch yourself a 40lb flathead to really show us something! If not, reel him back in, roast him over a cig lighter or a matchstick......At least you got a shore lunch snack to complement the cheese and crackers, but a fathead minnow would just as easily suffice...:laughing:

Nice fish! My season is over due to surgeries, maybe get to ice fish. I've fished all my life and all over the usa but never heard of a tiger trout. Had to google it, good to know. Btw a man made lake is called a reservoir.

Thanks. I enjoy ice fishing too. My body of water vocabulary needs work.

Oh hell! Compared to the 40lb+ West Michigan German Browns, That aint nothing but a fingerling or possibly bait!:laughing: they sell those damn things down at the baitstore for a dollar a dozen! The Walleye guys use them even!

That poor little guy could comfortably reside in a sardine can!

Fishing advice: Pop a Khale hook through the adipose fin area, toss him back out, let him swim around a little....maybe you could catch yourself a 40lb flathead to really show us something! If not, reel him back in, roast him over a cig lighter or a matchstick......At least you got a shore lunch snack to complement the cheese and crackers, but a fathead minnow would just as easily suffice...:laughing:

Haha. YES. It IS all about location! This catch was at least akin to sniffing out a deep Merc in a pounded, public park. :lol:

That is a dandy Tiger trout . A tiger trout of any size is on my bucket list. I know of a couple places where they are , but i haven't had the chance to get to them yet.

That is a dandy Tiger trout . A tiger trout of any size is on my bucket list. I know of a couple places where they are , but i haven't had the chance to get to them yet.

Thanks! I haven't caught many. They are very distinctive though. Deep green backs with that awesome spotting. It's hard to tell from the pics, but that one had a really orange belly.

That’s a big fishy, nice man! Been a long time since I’ve gone fishing, keep telling myself every new year I’ll buy a license and then just don’t ... my kids are 11/9 and my son (9) wants to go, so maybe ... next year :lol:

Back
Top Bottom