Here's How my New Garrett AT Pro Rolls

Waterhead

So a little more than a month ago I was asking everyone's views on a Garrett AT Pro I was considering buying. My old Tesoro Cibola is a great machine and was actually thinking about a Tesoro upgrade until I found out they were closing (I reckon). Pretty sad because I dug some awesome relics with it here in Virginia.

So I bite the bullet on an AT Pro and went to work on a couple early house sites which I'm sure have been pounded. I managed to dig a couple Reals, an 1851 silver 3 cent piece, an 1857 3 cent piece which was bent from a fire and several early 1900's quarters and a bunch of IHP. Also, I killed the flat buttons a scraps of brass.

But, the best of the best was the good selections of military buttons that I am always seeking, so take a peek.

Included are:

A mid-1700's Rev War Period British Navy Officer's button (Anchor), an early silver plated Virginia 1-piece Militia button, a Civil War period General Service button, an early 1800's US Navy cuff button and a Zouave Ball button, and last but not least, a decent Confederate Infantry "I" button.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the AT Pro. I't digs deep, is great on silver and loves brass and flat buttons.

Thanks for looking folks. I backed out of digging for a couple years but am back in the game here in Old Virginia.

Attachments

• DSC_0935.jpg
    DSC_0935.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 755
Congrats on the nice finds and welcome back to detecting after your hiatus. The AT Pro is a very good detector and I'm sure it'll find the good stuff for you.

Congrats on finding a machine that you like
!

Holy Moly. Be careful, saying that is like kicking a mean dog. Ask Woodbutcher.

Pitchforks and torches come out with that type of talk.lol

Congrats to the OP for some outstanding finds,looks like old Garrett can still bring home the goods.

Thanks Folks

Yea, I've been pretty satisfied with this machine so far. I've had a bunch of machines over the years and have been pretty blessed to have dug some great early Virginia relics as well as revolutionary war, war of 1812 and some nice civil war relics.

I can still remember in the mid-80's trying to tune that Nautilus DMC II detector. Yea, I'll take these new generation machines all day long.

Good luck digging friends!

John

I have been very happy with my AT Pro. I also use an Ace 400 which has been very good too. My finds are fairly shallow here in Georgia so I really don't know how deep it will truly go. Actually found a Spencer Casing and minies right under the leaves the other day!

I’ve heard nothing but good about the AT pro. I might even consider picking one up in the distant future if the funds allow it. I love digging up some silver. Nice finds though, that’s great!

Back
Top Bottom