Disappointing Hunt but Nox Impresses

j3cwill

I headed out early in the morning yesterday to beat the heat, but the humidity was still ruthless so I only lasted about 2 hours.

I went to a local school that dates back to 1928. I have had some decent finds there in the past including an early 20s wheatie and a silver Rosie.

I concentrated in the area where an old ball diamond was from the 30s through the early 50s and just did not walk over anything good.

I did chase a deeper nickel signal in which the Nox truly impressed me.
I could tell that there was iron, but I was able to isolate the nickel signal plus it was deep enough to investigate.
My Pro-Find 35 was pulsing on both sides of the plug indicating iron, but about 5 inches down, there was a folded over beavertail (without the pull ring) at the bottom of the hole.
A disappointing result, but that was very impressive that the Nox could sniff out something that little in a hole full of iron.

I finally started roaming to at least pull some clad to salvage the hunt. There is a lot of ground there to cover and the grass was high, so I will heading back soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20180527_075912_607.jpg
    IMG_20180527_075912_607.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 222
Those folded over beavertails without the ring come up exactly like a nickel...so do modern square tabs that have been cut in half with the lawn mower:mad:

Back
Top Bottom