Detectorists Series 3 confirmed

I especially like the show.I bought series 1 & 2 from England and can't play them on my Dvd player. Apparently there are different regions for dvd's ?:facepalm:

I especially like the show.I bought series 1 & 2 from England and can't play them on my Dvd player. Apparently there are different regions for dvd's ?:facepalm:

Yes, there are 6 different regions. While it is possible to change the region of many DVD players, the player will not play American DVDs if you change it from Region 1, which is the US/Canada region.

I know this because my mom used to have the entire German set of the Bonanza TV series. We had to change our PC's region to Region 2 (Europe) to play them. Once we did, I could no longer play my movies on my computer, which was a bummer.

Your best bet for Detectorists and other British shows is to purchase the seasons digitally, or double-check that the DVDs you buy are designated Region 1, like these: https://www.amazon.com/Detectorists-Mackenzie-Crook/dp/B00VKX6VWC

I almost made the same mistake when purchasing Monty Python's Life of Brian for myself. I could only find one pack that included both Life of Brian and The Holy Grail, but it was a British release (Region 2).

As for the OP, I am very excited to hear that they will be bringing Detectorists back for a third season (although I haven't even finished the second season yet- I don't have Netflix). There is something about British humor that is very appealing.

Yes, there are 6 different regions. While it is possible to change the region of many DVD players, the player will not play American DVDs if you change it from Region 1, which is the US/Canada region.

I know this because my mom used to have the entire German set of the Bonanza TV series. We had to change our PC's region to Region 2 (Europe) to play them. Once we did, I could no longer play my movies on my computer, which was a bummer.

Your best bet for Detectorists and other British shows is to purchase the seasons digitally, or double-check that the DVDs you buy are designated Region 1, like these: https://www.amazon.com/Detectorists-Mackenzie-Crook/dp/B00VKX6VWC

I almost made the same mistake when purchasing Monty Python's Life of Brian for myself. I could only find one pack that included both Life of Brian and The Holy Grail, but it was a British release (Region 2).

As for the OP, I am very excited to hear that they will be bringing Detectorists back for a third season (although I haven't even finished the second season yet- I don't have Netflix). There is something about British humor that is very appealing.

They will play on the computer dvd and you can buy a international DVD player which plays all versions which I will be getting. I just wasn't aware of it until I made the mistake. I thought I would post it so others are aware that there might be a problem depending on their DVD player. It's good to see you posting, must mean spring is here.It was snowing last Sunday, Monday here yet. Perhaps it was better than rain but not by much. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom