• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

"Reputation" Poll

Should we keep the Reputation System?

• Yes, I find it very useful

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • No, I don't think we really need it

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • Keep it, but turn off the negative feedback.

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote against it. I think that it just drives another wedge between people, and promotes the "I'm a Starbellied Sneech and you're not." I don't come here to collect gold stars on my cheek from the admins or the other users. I just see it potentially causing bitterness in the long run. Thanks for listening.

jackchief-1.jpg
it's over, i miss those little green squares already

Nah, wouldn't work..... Well, it might work, but I haven't ever seen a script for to rate each individual post.

I have seen a forum that had a "Thank You" script. it was kind of cool.

Like if someone made a great post, then you would click a button and it would say "Detecto thanks you for making this post." or something like that.

uhh can't get it.

I think i know what detecto is talking about but can't post a pic because i can't get something to edit.

Nah, wouldn't work..... Well, it might work, but I haven't ever seen a script for to rate each individual post.

I have seen a forum that had a "Thank You" script. it was kind of cool.

Like if someone made a great post, then you would click a button and it would say "Detecto thanks you for making this post." or something like that.

uhh can't get it.

I think i know what detecto is talking about but can't post a pic because i can't get something to edit.

Yes there is a hack for this forum that does just what you posted about... its talked about on the Vbulletin forum... as Carol said we will be looking into it.

Wow, this was certainly one HOT threat with a lot of topics being discussed. of course, i was at work and missed out on the vote, but that's ok, i still got to do a ton of reading here this morning and i believe i even saw some of the original topic being discussed once or twice. :lol:

i'm neither disappointed nor pleased on how the vote for the "Rep" power went, but to add my own 2 cents to the original topic:
the actual members of the forum are what makes it what it is today. the knowledge and experience of the members is priceless and you won't find a more usefull resource for information ANYWHERE on the internet!
sometimes things are said without thinking and things can get misunderstood and taken out of context and yes, tempers do tend to flare from time to time.

i honestly believe that the Moderators and the Administration are doing a GREAT job with keeping things in check and a thumbs up to you all for your patience and a job being very well done!
if we ALL remember that this IS a friendly forum, then we have nothing to worry about and hopefully there'll never be a need for any kind of rating system. if someone wants to ignore the installed rules of the forum and they step out of line, well.... the ensuing suspension or ban from the forum is only right and fair to everyone. no one forces anyone else to say what they say on here and with a membership this large, it's not unusual or uncommon to have disagreements, but it's up to the wise man (or woman) to know when to speak and when NOT to.

keep it clean and keep it friendly and most importantly, ENJOY it! how hard is that? MDing is a great hobby and this is one GREAT bunch of people here on one terrific forum... let's all work together to keep it that way!

you all have a great day,

Pete

Perfect...

Wow, this was certainly one HOT threat with a lot of topics being discussed. of course, i was at work and missed out on the vote, but that's ok, i still got to do a ton of reading here this morning and i believe i even saw some of the original topic being discussed once or twice. :lol:

i'm neither disappointed nor pleased on how the vote for the "Rep" power went, but to add my own 2 cents to the original topic:
the actual members of the forum are what makes it what it is today. the knowledge and experience of the members is priceless and you won't find a more usefull resource for information ANYWHERE on the internet!
sometimes things are said without thinking and things can get misunderstood and taken out of context and yes, tempers do tend to flare from time to time.

i honestly believe that the Moderators and the Administration are doing a GREAT job with keeping things in check and a thumbs up to you all for your patience and a job being very well done!
if we ALL remember that this IS a friendly forum, then we have nothing to worry about and hopefully there'll never be a need for any kind of rating system. if someone wants to ignore the installed rules of the forum and they step out of line, well.... the ensuing suspension or ban from the forum is only right and fair to everyone. no one forces anyone else to say what they say on here and with a membership this large, it's not unusual or uncommon to have disagreements, but it's up to the wise man (or woman) to know when to speak and when NOT to.

keep it clean and keep it friendly and most importantly, ENJOY it! how hard is that? MDing is a great hobby and this is one GREAT bunch of people here on one terrific forum... let's all work together to keep it that way!

you all have a great day,

Pete

:yes:

I can't believe they're gone I miss the little squares let's revolt let's do a recount ....... recount recount recount recount recount recount recount recount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom