I had lots of company 1 not welcome

seas1to2

1st stop spent 2 hours in the water, no finds worth keeping, when I got out I notice 5 people detecting the beach, an this was a small beach, so I went down the road an while I was busy digging up my first hit, I thought I saw something an I about jump out of my shoes, there was a school of rays about 4' from me just flaoting in the water watching me an for the rest of the day everytime I would start digging the rays would show up, some schools had at least 20-30. Well I soon got use to it an kept hunting, then about 3pm this lady starts yelling at me an I take off my headphones only to hear the word :shock: SHARK :shock:.He was about 6' an about 30' ft away.I was in knee deep water an so was the shark,I am sure he was after the rays( shark food), but I kept a little closer to shore after that.

Attachments

• P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 206
  • sting ray  resize.jpg
    sting ray resize.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 225
SHARK !?!?!?! and all I worry about is the occasional snake or homeless person..............

After I heard, "Shark!" I would have been the 1st person to run on water :grin:

Hey Seas....What coastline were you hunting? I have not run into anything like that in Daytona, or at the Treasure coast...but I will keep a little bit more alert and wary after your post.

Electro said:
Hey Seas....What coastline were you hunting? I have not run into anything like that in Daytona, or at the Treasure coast...but I will keep a little bit more alert and wary after your post.
I was on the west coast central area. I didn't think stingrays were a problem untill around june an july but they were here by the hundreds

Boy, that's a close encounter of the un-wanted kind. Next time you see rays, get out and take a break!

Sea's

Casper1 had a friend who used to hunt the west coast of Florida, he told me a story after we had hunted how his friend was in the water about waist deep when a woman was running towards him screaming and he ignored her thinking she didn't like his detecting or something and then he saw a lifeguard also running towards him and then he stopped hunting and at this point he had his big scoop ripped from his grip by a 14 foot shark and that guy hasn't water hunted since, true story, I'm always watching the water especially in the fall...

Cfmct-PI said:
Sea's

Casper1 had a friend who used to hunt the west coast of Florida, he told me a story after we had hunted how his friend was in the water about waist deep when a woman was running towards him screaming and he ignored her thinking she didn't like his detecting or something and then he saw a lifeguard also running towards him and then he stopped hunting and at this point he had his big scoop ripped from his grip by a 14 foot shark and that guy hasn't water hunted since, true story, I'm always watching the water especially in the fall...

Me too............from the beach......

Back
Top Bottom